Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Versa 1.8S hatchback that I want to make modifications to. But I'm not very sure on certain things. Like, I would like to put bigger tires on it (i.e. 16" or 17") but I'm not sure if they will fit properly. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome. I too have 17" rims and lowered with no problems. Good place to start when looking for rims is a local tire/rim shop that has a good selection. I used Discount Tire here in Texas. TireRack is another online shop to try. They list like 40-50 wheels that fit for my car with correct offset and center bore. The offset is key, +/- off stock and thats where problems can start happening. Not sure on the 11' but on my 15' I also have centering rims that center the rim on the hub, good thing to check also. Q

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I shouldn't have any problems with a 17" rubbing in the wheel well? And the spot on the strut where the springs sit in the front hangs about an inch above my tires, so I didn't want them to rub the tires or pop them. Where did you get the lowering kits at? Or any other mods?

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I have 215-45-17 and rub at full turn but I'm used to it and avoid it. It's also lowered around 4 inches so that's the other reason It rubs.

As for springs, as qorray1968 said, there is a few options. Tanabe, Tein, and another company make springs for the 07-12 model. I used to have Tein springs, they rode great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.