Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello members, Im new to the forum, and hoping to enjoy. I have a 2009 Versa, recently purchased, and was informed today that this car has an electric assist steering assy, is this true? 1.8 liter S model

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after market fog lights

Have a 2009 versa s and going to install aftermarket fog light kit that comes with installation kit, does anyone know if the factory wiring is already installed?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have a 2009 versa s and going to install aftermarket fog light kit that comes with installation kit, does anyone know if the factory wiring is already installed?
My 2009 Versa S sedan came with the future fog lights prewired and the installation was easy. You have two choices for the light switch:

1) Replace the non-fog light stalk switch which with a fog light stalk switch which talks to the BCM and turns the fog lights on.

2) Add a separate light switch and new wiring.

I chose to add the factory light stalk switch which is very easy to swap out with the original one.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 40300 miles

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed after market fog lights to the front bumper and the factory wiring was there, just had to install the lights and connect to the factory wiring , I could not find the other end of the factory wiring for the switch, does anyone know where to locate, (by the steering column?) Or can I purchase a turn signal/light swich and replace it, but I would still need the connecting wires. Please help. Thank you Steve.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I installed after market fog lights to the front bumper and the factory wiring was there, just had to install the lights and connect to the factory wiring , I could not find the other end of the factory wiring for the switch, does anyone know where to locate, (by the steering column?) Or can I purchase a turn signal/light swich and replace it, but I would still need the connecting wires. Please help. Thank you Steve.
The other end of the factory wiring is the fog light relay located on the Intelligent Power Distribution Module in the engine compartment. The relay is operated by CAN communication from the upgrade turn signal stalk. I bought a new turn signal switch with the fog light switch built in and it was very easy to replace the old one with the new one. It seems the price has jumped up since I bought mine in 2009 but maybe you can find one in a junkyard for less than $86.

Frank 2009 Versa S Sedan MT-6 with 40600 miles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
my versa
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing