Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to confirm that I sold my Versa Tanabe lowering springs to a friend of mine that owns a Juke. He installed them today and they fit perfect. Id say that they're fully compatible with the Juke. :) We did comparisons of the stock Juke springs with the aftermarket Versa springs and they look exactly alike, just shorter.

He drove them for 100 miles and didn't have any issues with them.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Any idea if Juke parts would be compatible with the versa?

·
Banned
342 Posts
Hmm.. bad idea.. If they were meant to have the same springs, they would. Not trying to bash you but that is such a bad idea its scary. The juke has a completely different and much better suspension than a versa. they might fit the strut, however i would get them back out of there immediately.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Hmm.. bad idea.. If they were meant to have the same springs, they would. Not trying to bash you but that is such a bad idea its scary. The juke has a completely different and much better suspension than a versa. they might fit the strut, however i would get them back out of there immediately.
I thought the FWD juke had a very similar if not exactly the same suspension of the Versa? Alot of people on the juke forums have been curious about swapping in Versa lowering springs.

·
Banned
342 Posts
Curious perhaps. But remember you are messing with the safety of yourself and everyone on the road. If the parts in the suspension are all completely different part numbers in the nissan computer. If they were the same, by now the spring companies would list that fact and there would be more lowered jukes on the road

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Nissan actually sells lowering springs for the juke in Japan. It's a certain model you have to choose and it comes with lowered springs. It would be funny if they were just using the Versa springs in place of the Juke springs.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Juke is heavier as well, more stress on the springs than being on a Versa.
You're right... I averaged the weight of the base, S and SL Versa came up with 2740lbs. Added the weight of the S, SV and SL Juke, avg approx. 3176lbs. Came to a 436lb difference from the Juke/Versa so it would wear out the springs quicker.

I didn't care honestly, just needed the money since I'm short on cash and my friend wanted to lower his Juke ASAP! :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
So, would it be worth it to use the Juke springs on a V? considering they are upgraded.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I wasn't going to tell him not to buy the springs if I wanted to get rid of them, plus he was the first person to come in mind. I didn't know anybody in my area who owns a Versa. It's only temporary and he plans to get some coilovers in the future.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I want a juke. Looks pretty good on the tanabe's. Is your friend on the juke forums?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I'm over there too since I was considering buying a juke at one point. I didn't see any posts on this. Was just curious, thanks.

·
Registered
656 Posts
would only get the juke for the engine

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Funny.. because i work at a dealer in parts and they have completely different part numbers

Juke front spring - 54010-1KC0A
Versa front spring - 54010-EM04A
How about the AWD juke? Does that have a different number as well? Any way you can check part numbers from other countries? Reason I ask is that nissan in japan sells a package for the Juke which comes lowered from the factory. I'm curious as to the part numbers of those springs as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.