Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think is the best pattern to follow when rotating tires on a Versa. I have a 2012 Versa and the manual says to rotate them front to back and back to front and I never done it that way before. Normally I cross rotate them. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Assuming non-directional tires, typical 4 tire rotation is: fronts go to the back on the same side, the rears cross to the front positions.

On directional tires you can only do front-to-back, back-to-front on the same side.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I follow the same procedure that jas32 described on all my cars. It is called "Forward Cross." My Toyota manual has the same front to back as the Versa manual.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan with 70K miles

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I started a thread on this awhile back. Here is what the manual states, at least the 2012 manual does.

Many people said they do what jas32 states though. I got well over the 100k miles on my stock tires though doing how the manual suggested and it is easier for me to do in the driveway as opposed to crossing the rears. I rotated about every 30k miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
robj80
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing