Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have in essence the worlds smallest aftermarket following. of the other comparable cars (fit & yaris) the versa has more standard horsepower, torque, room, and about the same weight. the fit has bolt on turbo kits to write ups on full motor swaps to pull around 200hp. the yaris has more suspension mods than the V. with work the V can do so well as a racing vehicle and there are plenty of people out there looking to do so and finding no answers. the only power mod that we could do to bump the V up to around 200 hp (without a TON of custom work to the mr18) is a mr20 swap, and THEN doing a lot of work to it. them mr20 is being produced as the low end motor in the new maxima's, therefore not much of an aftermarket there either. just frustrated because the V is exploding in popularity but missing out on a lot of "tuner" minded buyers due to lack of support. if the V was seen openly as a economical vehicle with a pretty good aftermarket following, it would erupt with a new set of buyers and sell even better. like the fit. i hate watching the V turn into the grandma car when it could be so much better then the competition.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
It has nothing to do with supply/demand, look how Nissan markets the Versa. Have you ever seen a Versa commercial on TV often or a the theaters? The Fit commercial has a lot of energy and they market it to be a vehicle meant to be tuned modified to one's liking.

I think Nissan needs to change the way they market the Versa and people's minds will think different about the vehicle.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Why Nissan won't invest in marketing is probably the biggest issue I have with the company. There are alot of people missing out on a such a great AND competitive car. There is so much potential from the V that it's ridiculous not to advertise it more.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
What doesn't the Versa have?

I see spring options, strut bar options, header, cold air intakes, JDM parts, ebay parts etc. I have seen boosted Versa's and versa's on nitrous. Sure there isn't alot of exhausts but who wants that? Honestly you can get a custom made one for cheaper and with better results. The only thing I wish was out there was an exhaust manifold for turbo and an intake manifold.

Everything you guys want is out there. I think it just costs more then you want to spend and doesn't have the "name" on it you want. Like greddy or stillen or whatever.

As far as marketing goes nissan must be doing something right because the Versa outsells the Fit. The minority is us who like to mod. So for a company to cater to that would not be good.

Since there are some of us out there I guess nissan could make a specific model for this purpose. A low production light weight "SE-R" model. I would love to have an hr16det (I think nissan would use the 1.6 and a turbo rather then the MR), lightweight hatch, with rear disc brakes. This would make me happy :).

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I tend to agree that I see more V's on the road than the Fit. Where can you get sales numbers of the V and compare it to the Fit?

See the main problem is Nissan should at least recommend modifying the V by making a couple ads about it. I'd rather buy name brand stuff than no-name generic junk out there because it doesn't have the quality to it compared to the others. It's like buying shoes at Walmart for a cheaper price than paying more for New Balance or Adidas shoes.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Why Nissan won't invest in marketing is probably the biggest issue I have with the company. There are alot of people missing out on a such a great AND competitive car. There is so much potential from the V that it's ridiculous not to advertise it more.
I agree with you.

Hyundai invest a lot in marketing in Brazil, the hyundai i30 and the tucson are selling very.

I almost bought a i30, but when i decided to bought the tiida the hyundai i30 had just been released and the price was high.

Now the prices are down and the car is leading sales in the category and the tiida is an excellent car with excellent price and does not sell anything.

I attribute the success of sales of the i30 and the failure of sales tiida because of the marketing strategy.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
failure of sales tiida because of the marketing strategy.
versa sells really well and there is hardly no advertising. This means greater profit for nissan. If the car has alot of commercials and billboards that usually means it is NOT selling well.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
versa sells really well and there is hardly no advertising. This means greater profit for nissan. If the car has alot of commercials and billboards that usually means it is NOT selling well.

That's somewhat true, but why would Honda not be selling the Fit well? It's probably a good car and has good MPG. That's probably my 2nd choice if I didn't get the V.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
The only Versa commercial I ever remember seeing on television is the one where they are driving (4 people in the car) and they hit rush our traffic, so they start to bounce in the car to make the car jump. Kind of a corny commercial, but it had the V in it, so I enjoyed it anyways! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
That's somewhat true, but why would Honda not be selling the Fit well? It's probably a good car and has good MPG. That's probably my 2nd choice if I didn't get the V.
The Fit is selling well. Just not as well as the Versa. Fit was my number 1 choice until I seen the price and actual size. I needed the space of a midsize and the fuel economy of a micro.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts