Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello NVF, my name is Alex. I just brought home my very first car. It's the 3rd Versa in my family. My dad bought the 2009 Versa 1.6 Base, my mother the 2011 Hatchback 1.8, and I now have the 2012 Versa 1.6 S 5-Speed. I'm learning to drive stick on it and it's a whole lot of fun! :D

Check out my Versa here:
2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 5-Speed - Imgur

The only options on this car are the floor mats. I'm in college and working an IT job and was only willing to spend the smallest amount possible on a new car. Those wheels are not the wheels that come with the 1.6 S though, but that's a different story...

I am looking to maybe upgrade the sound system eventually, as 2 speakers seems kind of lacking. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Welcome to NVF

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Want to here the story on the wheels :). Nice looking car. First s i've seen I think. Just wish the cluster had a tach :(.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I wish there was a tach as well. I feel uneasy about learning to drive stick on the car since I have to indicator of RPM's besides the sound the engines making, and that won't be good if I'm listening to music while I'm driving...

Here is the story behind the wheels... An older woman bought one of the more expensive models and asked to get the cheaper wheels on it. My dad and I asked them to put the cheaper wheels onto this car because we didn't want to pay the extra $900 they were trying to charge us for the wheels. And... that's about it. They're going to take off the wheels tomorrow and give us the cheap wheels we're paying for. We're officially signing the loan for the car tomorrow, they just let us borrow the car for the weekend.

The money situation equates to $179 a month for 6 years. We had a trade-in. 1990 Pontiac Bonneville that they reluctantly gave us $1400 for. I think they lowered the price of the car to ~12,000 (before subtracting trade-in, and before adding tax and registration) after negotiation. They started us off at $13,800, haha!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
that's a really nice upgrade from a 1990 Bonneville to 2012 Versa.

I learned how to drive a stick with no tach as well, so I had to listen to the engine and the car had a shift light on the dash.

you will get used to driving a manual, pretty soon and you will learn to change gears without even thinking about it.

Congratulations on your new car, and welcome to NVF

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Yay a 2012 with stick! WELCOME! Ya no tach is no good, just shift at limiter LOL jk.
About speakers, my wife's Altima has 6x9s in the rear. Even though hers are stock, they go deeper than mine:(jealous! Welcome Alex:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Those wheels in photo look nice, you can't keep them?
I have plastic covers on my Versa as well. My plan is to get 16"set (rim & tire) once the original set is finished for about $1000 even. Dealer wheels are too expensive.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Welcome pal, good buy. Like Bluv said, you'll get use to the stick in no time. That's how I was, never driven stick till I got my car this year. Now I don't even look at the shifter when changing gears =)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey guys, we signed off on the deal today all according to plan! :D

Well, they wanted $900+ for the (15") wheels so I figured I'd be better off putting money into after market wheels if I wanted to upgrade from the cheap stock wheels.

I can already tell this first week will be exciting as I re-learn how to drive. :)

·
Registered
6,563 Posts

Well, they wanted $900+ for the (15") wheels so I figured I'd be better off putting money into after market wheels if I wanted to upgrade from the cheap stock wheels.

I can already tell this first week will be exciting as I re-learn how to drive. :)
Congrats!!! Definitely an exciting time for ya :)

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts

Congrats man, be patient, and enjoy it. Any plans for it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.