Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new here and just joined...

The other day our 2007 Nissan Versa sedan made a loud bang sound in the front while turning into a parking spot. We both looked at each other and said, "What was that!".

The next day I took it to my local mechanic and he put it on the hoist and removed the front passenger wheel. Much to our astonishment, the coil spring was broke. Only one rung of the spring, but still broke. Thank god this did not occur on the highway and tear into the wheel. After Google-ing this issue, it seems this has happened to many other Versa owners in the past. Some as young as 50,000 kms. The mechanic suggested replacing it and probably best to do the other side considering what just happened. After a thorough visual inspection he suggested the springs, bearings and a new front-end alignment.

After picking up the car, he mentioned if we ever had a vibration on acceleration before, we said no. After we took it home, we are now noticing a vibration on acceleration in first gear(which was never there before), then at 80 kms/hr it goes away, or at least seems to.

My question is; What could this new vibration be??? by removing the strut / bearing assembly, did they damage something else? Can it be the CV joint/ axle or bearings???

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm new here and just joined...

The other day our 2007 Nissan Versa sedan made a loud bang sound in the front while turning into a parking spot. We both looked at each other and said, "What was that!".

The next day I took it to my local mechanic and he put it on the hoist and removed the front passenger wheel. Much to our astonishment, the coil spring was broke. Only one rung of the spring, but still broke. Thank god this did not occur on the highway and tear into the wheel. After Google-ing this issue, it seems this has happened to many other Versa owners in the past. Some as young as 50,000 kms. The mechanic suggested replacing it and probably best to do the other side considering what just happened. After a thorough visual inspection he suggested the springs, bearings and a new front-end alignment.

After picking up the car, he mentioned if we ever had a vibration on acceleration before, we said no. After we took it home, we are now noticing a vibration on acceleration in first gear(which was never there before), then at 80 kms/hr it goes away, or at least seems to.

My question is; What could this new vibration be??? by removing the strut / bearing assembly, did they damage something else? Can it be the CV joint/ axle or bearings???

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated. thanks
The fact that the mechanic asked the question about the vibration would indicate that he must have noticed it. I would suggest that you have all four wheels high speed balanced. Along with the balancing, I would have all four rims inspected for any kind of damage. If all that I suggested has already been done, I would have the tires rotated to see if that solves the problem. Good luck!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
pimperell
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing