Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. First post and hopefully it's a good one.

I've had my Versa about 3 years. It's a 2009 model. Over the past few months, I've noticed when I come to a stop and am applying pressure to the brake pedal, there is this vibration as if something is kicking back on the pedal. If I put the car in neutral, the feeling immediately goes away, but going back to drive starts it back again. I'm worried it could be a serious issue, but I hope not. Any ideas? Or a specific thing I should have looked at? Let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
638 Posts
Mine does this as well, real bad. I think it might be my custom intake. Will check it tomorrow.

·
Registered
613 Posts
mine does it all the time, and it def. is my AEM CAI i can hear it rattle around when I have my foot on the brake but not all the time. I've just come to ignore it lol.. but thats just me :p

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
it could be the ABS. [not 100% sure, just playing guess]

I checked mine and I didn't feel anything, but maybe because my Versa did not come with ABS, antilockbrakeSystem, from the factory so maybe the ABS activates everytime you push the brake pedal but as long as its on D {drive}

again, just guessing...

question:
are you getting vibration when you apply the brakes while moving at higher speeds?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Not to scare anyone but someone just had this issue. At a stop with foot on brake the car would vibrate. Also vibration when taking off from a stop. It was a dead engine. If you have access to the tools you can do a compression check.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://www.nissanversaforums.com/ge...brake-pedal-vibration-when-stopped-drive.html
hope this helps. I have the same problem, but I haven't been able to fix it..
Helpful but still seems like the problem is up in the air. I don't really have the time/tools to be able to check the mounts or change fluids on my own. I guess it's one of those things that if I check it, everything is OK, but if I don't, the engine will fail.

it could be the ABS. [not 100% sure, just playing guess]

I checked mine and I didn't feel anything, but maybe because my Versa did not come with ABS, antilockbrakeSystem, from the factory so maybe the ABS activates everytime you push the brake pedal but as long as its on D {drive}

again, just guessing...

question:
are you getting vibration when you apply the brakes while moving at higher speeds?
I don't notice it at higher speeds or while slowing down. It's only noticeable while at a complete stop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not to scare anyone but someone just had this issue. At a stop with foot on brake the car would vibrate. Also vibration when taking off from a stop. It was a dead engine. If you have access to the tools you can do a compression check.
Well, my "car" doesn't vibrate. I just feel it in my foot when I apply pressure to the brake pedal. Maybe that's a good thing?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Well, my "car" doesn't vibrate. I just feel it in my foot when I apply pressure to the brake pedal. Maybe that's a good thing?
if you are totally stopped and foot on the pedal and it's vibrating that is not a good thing. If you are slowing down and while applying pressure to the pedal it's most likely something in the braking system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mine does it all the time, and it def. is my AEM CAI i can hear it rattle around when I have my foot on the brake but not all the time. I've just come to ignore it lol.. but thats just me :p
This car is 100% stock. Nothing but tint added to the windows so it would have to be a part from the manufacturer in my case. The problem seems like it would be hard to look at myself since it doesn't happen while the car is in neutral, I couldn't just start it and pop the hood and have a look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you are totally stopped and foot on the pedal and it's vibrating that is not a good thing. If you are slowing down and while applying pressure to the pedal it's most likely something in the braking system.
I don't feel it, but I do wonder if it happens all the time, but due to other vibrations and external happenings, I only feel it will stopped.

·
Registered
236 Posts
This car is 100% stock. Nothing but tint added to the windows so it would have to be a part from the manufacturer in my case. The problem seems like it would be hard to look at myself since it doesn't happen while the car is in neutral, I couldn't just start it and pop the hood and have a look.
Ok...OK... It seems that the vibration is showing up at a specific RPM when your foot is on the pedal at say 800 rpm's. Then goes away if you put it in neutral and the engine moves up to 1000 rpm's for an example. Every piece of metal has a natural frequency that will setup a vibration. I would like you to rule out the hood as the problem. To do this, check the rubber bumpers on the cross member on each side of the radiator and make sure they touch the two opposite rubber pads on the hood when closed. you can also add a small round felt pad to the hood rubber circle to make it a tighter fit ( type of felt pad you find under furniture bottom legs. Keep us posted.

G

·
just a guess about maybe its the brakes possibly could be low on brake fluid? or air in lines my V also does this but come to think about it i noticed in my altima that i had when the motor mount went bad it would also do this so just a thought

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't feel it, but I do wonder if it happens all the time, but due to other vibrations and external happenings, I only feel it will stopped.
If you only feel it while stopped then it sounds like something is vibrating or parts touching/rubbing together. Have someone in the car, put the car in drive with the brakes on and check under the car/in the engine bay (hood up) and try to pin point where the vibration/noise is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ive been having this prob for the longest time... But mine occurs at deccelaration and turns .... I couldnt find the prob even after securing everything then sent it to the dealer numerous times but nothing.... Might be my CAI but its not touching anywhere so i lost hope and ignore it....

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think mine stopped doing it after I had the CVT replaced. What kind of transmissions do you guys have?

I wonder if it's something wrong with the torque convertor?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’ve had this happen to almost all the cars my family has ever owned. And it's happening right now on my versa. It typically came out to be that the rotors on the car were warped and just needed to be machined to turned or just replaced in general It normally starts after you replace the brake pads on the car. At least that’s what happens to me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. First post and hopefully it's a good one.

I've had my Versa about 3 years. It's a 2009 model. Over the past few months, I've noticed when I come to a stop and am applying pressure to the brake pedal, there is this vibration as if something is kicking back on the pedal. If I put the car in neutral, the feeling immediately goes away, but going back to drive starts it back again. I'm worried it could be a serious issue, but I hope not. Any ideas? Or a specific thing I should have looked at? Let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks in advance
I know this sounds stupid make sure your air filter is clean also make sure your mileage is right on the oil change this relieves pressure causing your Pistons to rub which causes the brake to shake this helped my Nissan versa out a lot and I do not have any vibrations like I was having on my break before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts