Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't suppose there is any way to get a carfax without forking out $30 lol I wouldn't mind seeing what's been recorded about my car after it's accident. Thought I'd ask on here before forking out the cash just in case there's a site out there or a way to do this that I'm not aware of.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm not sure what autocheck costs you can check them, but the Hubby did his through Carfax, I don't remember him paying $30 for it tho, i think there's a one time/one car price? I think his was like $15 or something around there.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked CarFax again they want $34.99 for one car report? That seems like a lot of money for a single report. Then again I assume they should have everything on the VIN. Looks like I just need to fork out more money on this. I tried another site in part run by the government all it told me was when it was bought, sold and what the mileage was.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
if from a lot ask them for the report. If private then you will have to pay. Autocheck is cheaper and pretty good.

·
Registered
638 Posts
$35 vs: a lifetime of car trouble plus countless money in a screwed up car... your choice.
"Show me the carfax"

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$35 vs: a lifetime of car trouble plus countless money in a screwed up car... your choice.
"Show me the carfax"
If I were buying a car that would be very true and a deal at $35! I'm wondering if there's anything in that CarFox lol that can help support my case for a new seat form the insurance company vs the junk they authorized to be put in.

Ah well maybe it's best I just spend the $45 and check the car the seat came from and what is now recorded on my own car.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I don't suppose there is any way to get a carfax without forking out $30 lol I wouldn't mind seeing what's been recorded about my car after it's accident. Thought I'd ask on here before forking out the cash just in case there's a site out there or a way to do this that I'm not aware of.

So, you had an accident with your car, and you want to see what "information" would be recorded by Carfax??

If it was your car, and your accident, you already know what took place, what was damaged, and what was repaired.

If you are planing to sell the car, I am sure that you would tell that information to the perspective buyer.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Never mind, found a guy on ebay sellin them for 3 bucks. When I was car shopping and looking at used I subscribed to the whole month for unlimited and looked up my friends cars for them plus the ones I was looking at. Autocheck helps too, but they do not report everything and unless its reported, it wont be recorded.

So, you had an accident with your car, and you want to see what "information" would be recorded by Carfax??

If it was your car, and your accident, you already know what took place, what was damaged, and what was repaired.

If you are planing to sell the car, I am sure that you would tell that information to the perspective buyer.
Depends on the state. In VA your accident has to be over a certain value or the police wont report it to the "system". They guestimate on the spot assuming a police report was made.

Now you can tell on yourself by taking your car to Maaco or some other body shop and they use carfax and report your car was serviced at their shop. Lucky for me my closest insurance approved "body shop" is a former jag dealer.

So if a prospective car you are looking at was service at xyz dealer every 5 thousand miles, then went to another at a milage where service is not necessary then back to xyz thats a sign it was taken to a body shop for work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.