Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i visited the dealer twice 1200miles ago prblem is, whenever i backout of the parking lot i get a really disturbing cranking noise like metal to metal with no grease noise. So the guy told me for the second time they couldnt recreate the noise i was talking about, ever since i got the car, the noise just keeps getting worst and its really loud that everyone in the parking gets startled and looks at me like i was stupid or mistreating my car ie: (school, mall, grocery etc..) and now 1200miles later i realized that my passenger seat airbag lights keeps on blinking, what should i do? Can i go to a diff dealer and have them inspect it instead? Im tired of this crap brand new cars arent suppose to make disturbing noises (8k miles now, it started at 2k)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I had an issue with a noise and when I my dealership couldnt recreate the problem, I told them that I would get in it with the mechanic and show them the problem. Found it within a minute. Also, record the problem with a camera if you can so that you can just show them whats happening. I'd try a different dealership if theres one that isnt too far away.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah sadly, when i went to the dealer it was the same guy who checked it last time. (doesnt wonder why the place is so empty) ill probably try to go to a diff dealer (the closest one has 1 star on yelp) so yeah i dont know what to do, may i should go HERE 81 reviews with 5 stars whoa! yeah its hard to capture it since everyone i know are too lazy to help me. btw, did they tell you what was wrong with it?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
It wasn't the same noise you were talking about, just similar circumstances. It ended up being a loose bolt/nut that would vibrate at low rpms. It was making a weird ticking/clicking sound. It took 2 hours for them to come out into the waiting area and tell me they couldn't find the noise, which is when I insisted that I go drive it with the mechanic to show him what it was.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wasn't the same noise you were talking about, just similar circumstances. It ended up being a loose bolt/nut that would vibrate at low rpms. It was making a weird ticking/clicking sound. It took 2 hours for them to come out into the waiting area and tell me they couldn't find the noise, which is when I insisted that I go drive it with the mechanic to show him what it was.
ahahaha whats funny is they even told me that they've torn down the car looking for it and nothing which was purely impossible

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I wonder what that noise is.

and I agree about going with the mechanic or recording the sound and show them what the car is doing.

If they can't duplicate the problem, I'm assuming Nissan won't pay the dealer for the repair

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder what that noise is.

and I agree about going with the mechanic or recording the sound and show them what the car is doing.

If they can't duplicate the problem, I'm assuming Nissan won't pay the dealer for the repair
You know when you have a mountain bike with worn out breaks? And when u try to break it makes that "ennggkk" noise, im just gonna bring it for diagnostic btw xD

·
Registered
236 Posts
You know when you have a mountain bike with worn out breaks? And when u try to break it makes that "ennggkk" noise, im just gonna bring it for diagnostic btw xD
Yes, the sound is just like the brakes on your mountain bike where they are not feathered and the rim shutters.

My 2011HB has made the same noise, but it is intermittent. Not all the time when you back up and apply the brake. I pulled the front wheel off and looked at the front pads and rotor. Seems to be coming from the passenger side wheel. I don’t see any uneven wear or disk issues. Now, it might be because the rotors are wet as we have had plenty of rain, and when you back up, the pads shutter against the rotor. I thought it might be the pad steel wear strips, but I could not get a good look at them but they did not look like they were close to the rotor. I am heading towards the front pads do not have an anti noise pad between the caliper piston and the back of the pad.

I also pulled the rear brake drum off to inspect the shoes and they were fine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yes, the sound is just like the brakes on your mountain bike where they are not feathered and the rim shutters.

My 2011HB has made the same noise, but it is intermittent. Not all the time when you back up and apply the brake. I pulled the front wheel off and looked at the front pads and rotor. Seems to be coming from the passenger side wheel. I don’t see any uneven wear or disk issues. Now, it might be because the rotors are wet as we have had plenty of rain, and when you back up, the pads shutter against the rotor. I thought it might be the pad steel wear strips, but I could not get a good look at them but they did not look like they were close to the rotor. I am heading towards the front pads do not have an anti noise pad between the caliper piston and the back of the pad.

I also pulled the rear brake drum off to inspect the shoes and they were fine.
Its a hit and a miss XD, yes it comes from the passenger sides but it happens when i let go of the breaks (backing up and slowly letting go of the break) we also thought it was the weather and i also thought its because it was cold, the sound was louder today and it was somewhere between 70 to 80 degrees. Were on to something here, i just finished washing the car so lets see what happens when it cools off. Ill Try to check the calipers tom

·
Registered
236 Posts
Its a hit and a miss XD, yes it comes from the passenger sides but it happens when i let go of the breaks (backing up and slowly letting go of the break) we also thought it was the weather and i also thought its because it was cold, the sound was louder today and it was somewhere between 70 to 80 degrees. Were on to something here, i just finished washing the car so lets see what happens when it cools off. Ill Try to check the calipers tom
One of the reasons why I pulled the rear drums off to check them, was that I thought I heard something out of round, again intermittent. Cleaned off the brake dust off rear shoes ( with mask on ) but everything looked good. We have snow coming in so I won't be able to check and compare both ( drivers and passenger) front pads for the same thickness until the weekend. Maybe the caliper pins are binding and not releasing the pads.

Image Detail for - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0DMTvh7VqN8/TY9VcTSoMjI/AAAAAAAAABA/mWYBqaI12ss/s1600/car_disk_brake_assembly_cutaway.jpeg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.