Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was getting a wheel balanced at wal mart and was in the food section when I heard this over the intercom. ' Versa owner. Please report to the service dept. regarding your Vehicle. WE HAVE AN INCIDENT' I mean WTF. Did they have to say we have an incident? So I show up by the V and 3 guys are hunched over my wheel being balanced. I'm thinking, alright. I'll buy new tires right. So manager proceeds to tell me that the stem broke off in the TPMS valve, and get this, it's my fault. So I told him good try. I didn't sign a breakage waiver. It's on them. They paid Nissan 216.00 to fix TPMS replacement. The guy looked like he was gonna puke. O well. Letting you all know to keep valve stem covers on those valves and maybe spray them with wd40 bfor covering them. Also service mgr. @ Nissan said to not put metal covers on the valves. They will rust and that'll be on you.:woot:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I've seen many tpms valve cores corroded into the sensor. Usually because owners don't check the air pressure regularly, keeps the valve core moving to prevent corrosion. I always bring the customer in to see for themselves the problem with the valve before working on it. Anyway walmart service is pretty poor, they got lazy old farts and reckless inexperienced kids working on cars.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Lol dude dont take your car to be serivced at Wal-Mart i used to work there for the longest, and most of the idiots they hire there (including the Mng.) Are freaking STUPID thhey get hired not knowing a thing about cars because they get "trained" on a 30 min computer training software. The only good thing is that they will pay for what they break just because they dont want anymore Lawsuits lol

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
gotta love canada.. versa has no tpms up here
I think the TPMS system is in the ECU. I want to swap out the ECU's to see if it will just disable the TPMS. I'm going to throw rims on eventually and I don't want to stair at the light. And buying new sensors or swapping them over isn't an option.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's horrific why would anyone take a new car to walmart? It's almost like asking them to screw something up on your car. I take mine back to the dealer for all that sort of stuff. Check your dealers website mine usually posts coupons for a free rotation with oil changes and I usually get coupons from Nissan for cheap oil changes.

·
Registered
643 Posts
That's horrific why would anyone take a new car to walmart? It's almost like asking them to screw something up on your car. I take mine back to the dealer for all that sort of stuff. Check your dealers website mine usually posts coupons for a free rotation with oil changes and I usually get coupons from Nissan for cheap oil changes.
really? the dealer isn't much better! i've had multiple issues with dealers f-ing up my cars...i wouldn't go there even if i was paid!
my friend's mazdaspeed6 caught on fire because the dealer left an oily rag in the engine bay...another dealer put a HUGE scratch down the side of my ranger when i took it there for a ball joint....i could go on and on...never go to a dealer!!!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I think the TPMS system is in the ECU. I want to swap out the ECU's to see if it will just disable the TPMS. I'm going to throw rims on eventually and I don't want to stair at the light. And buying new sensors or swapping them over isn't an option.
i have rims and no tpms in them...the light doesn't bother me anymore...put a small piece of electrical tape over the light and you'll never notice it again :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Anyway walmart service is pretty poor, they got lazy old farts and reckless inexperienced kids working on cars.
I always get bad vibes thinking about Walmart auto service. Even hearing people stories how their car ends up worse then prior bringing in for service raises a red flag.
Lol dude dont take your car to be serivced at Wal-Mart i used to work there for the longest, and most of the idiots they hire there (including the Mng.) Are freaking STUPID thhey get hired not knowing a thing about cars because they get "trained" on a 30 min computer training software. The only good thing is that they will pay for what they break just because they dont want anymore Lawsuits lol
That's horrific why would anyone take a new car to walmart? It's almost like asking them to screw something up on your car.
DON'T EVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO WAL MART!!! The only time you take your car to wal mart is to pick up a dumb friend that had his car broken by wal-mart employees.
Hmmm, I detect a trend...;D Fortunately, the only time I let walmart touch my car, it was to mount snow tires on my sentra w/o sensors, and no isssues.
Also I use Canadian Tire for e-testing only. People have to learn their trade somehow, but somebody has to be vigilant overseeing them. Making mistakes is part of learning, but if ya blow it, holy crap don't blame the owner! Step up to the plate and Make It Right!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
well then let me add to the trend, I took my dakota to walmart for an oil change and lube they only greased like two of the 20 something fittings so I took it back and made them do it again they wernt happy but idk they will do it right and this was the last time I went there for servicing.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Hmmm, I detect a trend...;D Fortunately, the only time I let walmart touch my car, it was to mount snow tires on my sentra w/o sensors, and no isssues.
Also I use Canadian Tire for e-testing only. People have to learn their trade somehow, but somebody has to be vigilant overseeing them. Making mistakes is part of learning, but if ya blow it, holy crap don't blame the owner! Step up to the plate and Make It Right!
I used C-Tire for safety and e-test on Kit; they also installed my winter tires and rims when I first bought them. I would take her back there for tire installation and e-test again. I have not experienced an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I used C-Tire for safety and e-test on Kit; they also installed my winter tires and rims when I first bought them. I would take her back there for tire installation and e-test again. I have not experienced an issue.
I forgot, I have bought tires at CanTire, and bought the tire hazard warranty, and used it to replace one with hole in sidewall. Was almost new tire, so it wasn't pro-rated ie. was zero out-of-pocket:D That was my nice touring tires on my Sentra

·
Registered
144 Posts
really? the dealer isn't much better! i've had multiple issues with dealers f-ing up my cars...i wouldn't go there even if i was paid!
my friend's mazdaspeed6 caught on fire because the dealer left an oily rag in the engine bay...another dealer put a HUGE scratch down the side of my ranger when i took it there for a ball joint....i could go on and on...never go to a dealer!!!!
I'm not saying that dealerships couldn't screw things up what I'm saying is it's highly likely that wal-mart will screw something up lol vs a dealer with trained techs on staff. So far I've not had an issue with my dealer and I'd expect them to have hired certified techs vs wal-mart's oil change people. I also know when I go to the dealer that everything is kept in my log book and in Nissan's system. If issues develop down the road it's all there in the system.

As far as what ever dealers your going to I'd suggest you maybe avoid ford dealerships or maybe just avoid ford all together if they are doing that kind of damage to your property.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I use metal valve stem covers because they're from nissan hah! But yeah, I don't think rust will be an issue I check em regularly. I think a bigger issue in many parts of the country might be the metal fusing, but not where I live.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm not saying that dealerships couldn't screw things up what I'm saying is it's highly likely that wal-mart will screw something up lol vs a dealer with trained techs on staff. So far I've not had an issue with my dealer and I'd expect them to have hired certified techs vs wal-mart's oil change people. I also know when I go to the dealer that everything is kept in my log book and in Nissan's system. If issues develop down the road it's all there in the system.

As far as what ever dealers your going to I'd suggest you maybe avoid ford dealerships or maybe just avoid ford all together if they are doing that kind of damage to your property.
it's been ford dealerships, mazda dealerships, nissan dealerships, hyundai dealerships...or also known as "stealerships"..doesn't matter who they are, they f*** stuff up. they charge outrageous amounts of money for stupid things. we also can't get a damn proper alignment anywhere or have people fix brakes. i've given up going anyplace! just because some place is "certified" and "factory trained", doesn't mean they know what they are doing.

i'm just grateful to have a husband who is handy with a wrench and because of all of our issues, we pretty much have developed a race shop out of our garage, lol! now if only we could get a lift and stuff!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.