Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
What's wrong with the stock shifter? It's literally perfect, it sits at the perfect height, the throws don't affect driveability or spirited driving (even then if you have a mostly stock 1.8 or 1.6, the throw of the shifter is the least of your worries).

I like my Versa, with what i've done to mine, it looks essentially like a butch Mazdaspeed 3, with way more room. That's what i'd like to compare to, if it was as fast as a Mazdaspeed 3, that'd be great. But, i'm doing the swap soon, after i pay my rent and after next paycheck.
Nothing is wrong with it. It isn't the best shifter I have ever used, but it does the job just fine. However, if the option of a short throw shifter comes I will buy it just because I feel I would enjoy it a bit more then the stock one.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Come on guys need to keep this going if you really want parts made
cams and pistons would be awesome, intake manifold, ive seen the japan note have a different intake, would love to see some in the states or if a company makes em, like skunk2

·
Registered
639 Posts
cams and pistons would be awesome, intake manifold, ive seen the japan note have a different intake, would love to see some in the states or if a company makes em, like skunk2
yeah definitely would be nice if we could get some low compression pistons made for this engine to build it for turbo cause as it is the one turbo kit they make runs pretty low boost to keep the engine at a safe level of power.

·
Registered
257 Posts
yeah definitely would be nice if we could get some low compression pistons made for this engine to build it for turbo cause as it is the one turbo kit they make runs pretty low boost to keep the engine at a safe level of power.
that'll be dope, i'd boost my versa, hell, supercharge it even.

also, some carbon fiber parts would be a very plus!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'd just like to add as a message to scott....im sure if need be there will be some of us on this forum that would be willing to help with some of the expense and or loaning their car if need be to get some of these parts developed....also if you dont mind would I be able to try and promote the versa note group on facebook to try and get more people interested?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'd just like to add as a message to scott....im sure if need be there will be some of us on this forum that would be willing to help with some of the expense and or loaning their car if need be to get some of these parts developed....also if you dont mind would I be able to try and promote the versa note group on facebook to try and get more people interested?
I will offer to loan my Note to companies local to me as its an extra vehicle for me...i usually commute on my motorcycle ;)

I spoke to my Stillen rep yesterday, he is going to pitch the Note to his weekly meeting today to see if they are able to develop some parts for us! So we shall see what happens from it!

As for internals...once we can get an engine replaced here under warranty, i will be using it for measurements...and see about getting some internals developed for it as well.

And yes, please share and promote the Facebook Group! Thats why i created it! ;)

Scott

·
Registered
639 Posts
I will offer to loan my Note to companies local to me as its an extra vehicle for me...i usually commute on my motorcycle ;)

I spoke to my Stillen rep yesterday, he is going to pitch the Note to his weekly meeting today to see if they are able to develop some parts for us! So we shall see what happens from it!

As for internals...once we can get an engine replaced here under warranty, i will be using it for measurements...and see about getting some internals developed for it as well.

And yes, please share and promote the Facebook Group! Thats why i created it! ;)

Scott

i think it should help that i e-mailed stillen quite a few months back to see if they were interested in developing parts for the Note as well, never got a response back, but at least it should be in their database to let them know there is interest.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would like to see someone make a tow hook license plate bracket for the 2nd generation versa sedan and note. I would also like to see more suspension parts for the 2nd generation versa sedan like a strut bar, rear sway bar, front sway bar, and under body braces. I would also like to see some affordable lowering springs that lower the car 2inches up front and 1.75 inces in the rear. oh and a exhaust system for the 2nd generation versa sedan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Stillen dropped the ball with the vq35hr with there supercharger and then they needed 3 diffrent gen's of intakes to get it right. I myself hav3 my 08 350z makes 300whp on a mustang dyno. The versa is a fun zippy car but lacks aftermarket and it's sad cause it's a blast to drive and fast fow what it is. Here's a break down of what it needs
Intake:
Injen mr or jwt pop charger
Exhaust:
injen
High flow cats or test pipes:
Invidia or Crawford
Short shifter:
Twm
Clutch flywheel:
Jwt combo as always
Tune:
Good old uprev

Then just give me some random goodies swaybars strut bars poly bushings solid monts ect
And a lip kit. That's all this car needs and projector headlights lol

·
Registered
639 Posts
Stillen dropped the ball with the vq35hr with there supercharger and then they needed 3 diffrent gen's of intakes to get it right. I myself hav3 my 08 350z makes 300whp on a mustang dyno. The versa is a fun zippy car but lacks aftermarket and it's sad cause it's a blast to drive and fast fow what it is. Here's a break down of what it needs
Intake:
Injen mr or jwt pop charger
Exhaust:
injen
High flow cats or test pipes:
Invidia or Crawford
Short shifter:
Twm
Clutch flywheel:
Jwt combo as always
Tune:
Good old uprev

Then just give me some random goodies swaybars strut bars poly bushings solid monts ect
And a lip kit. That's all this car needs and projector headlights lol
Injen already makes an intake for the note but it is just a short ram intake and tanabe does make an axle back exhaust for it but sadly it needs to be imported from japan. A company called 3d carbon makes a styling kit for the note....the only thing we are short is more suspension options in the way of coil overs and sway bars, short shifter, clutch and flywheel combos, and more exhaust and tuning options lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just want extended LCA's and a harness bar lol or better yet a 6 point bolt in cage with a harness bar. Like the Cusco ones for subaru's and what not. I wanted to build my own intake manifold because I don't like that the stock one wraps around the head, but if someone made a reasonably priced one that would be nice!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Read this after I said we need an intake manifold lol cams and pistons would be rad, I wanna boost my versa but idk how much I trust the stock internals. Plus a higher redline would always be nice! and who doesn't love a good lopey idle :wink

·
Registered
15 Posts
Injen already makes an intake for the note but it is just a short ram intake and tanabe does make an axle back exhaust for it but sadly it needs to be imported from japan. A company called 3d carbon makes a styling kit for the note....the only thing we are short is more suspension options in the way of coil overs and sway bars, short shifter, clutch and flywheel combos, and more exhaust and tuning options lol
I have a sedan so nothing for me

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just want extended LCA's and a harness bar lol or better yet a 6 point bolt in cage with a harness bar. Like the Cusco ones for subaru's and what not. I wanted to build my own intake manifold because I don't like that the stock one wraps around the head, but if someone made a reasonably priced one that would be nice!!
cusco has a front strut bar in their inventory for the first gen sedans, you'll have to email their R&D department.

I have a sedan so nothing for me
i feels you on that, just waiting and waiting.

seibon is looking into make parts for the sedan, but isn't really looking towards making anything now, probably next year is what I've been told.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Came up with another item I would like to see for the note....window visors and carbon fiber hatch and front hood...cause man the stock hood is heavy for how small it is

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think I'm gonna try and find a cheep used oem flywheel and send it out to be lightened. Side note I'm amazed at how well my 2014 versa sedan has been holding up got it new just about 6months ago already put 20k miles on it and I beat the hell out of it lol seeing how I don't drive my 08 350z anymore this has to put up with my abuse.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
15 Participants
Akaisner
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing