Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my rotor discs are warped..

Why : Steering Wheel shakes when braking from high speeds....

Although car doesn't veer to one side... the vibration is visible by naked eyes if i just brake from 100 kmph to 40 kmph at moderate intensity.

Ever happened to anyone else here?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes sounds like front rotors. If not too old, can probably have them machined rather than replaced. Much cheaper. I just had mine done a month ago.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Same happened to mine. When I braked, especially on the highway, the car shook a lot! My rotors were warped. I was still on all original front pads & rotors up until this past Friday. I just bought new rotors (it was not expensive at all) and new pads. Paid $125 for the parts, and swapped them all at home. Actually a really easy process on the Versa. The stock pads were not that bad, but figured we might as well change it all at one time (rotors & pads). So I went 5 years before changing anything ... Not too bad.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My friend says he see's the CV boot on my left tire vibrate at descent speeds.
he saw this from his car when we had a long cruise.

Is this normal? or can this have any relation to this steering vibration? or this is a completely different issue?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've got the same problem. I'm at 37,000 miles. I figure it's pads & rotors as I had a similar problem on my Sienna. Replaced the rotors and pads (first time doing such by myself) and the problem disappeared - Sienna brakes much much better too.

So I think I'm going to do the Versa in the near future around 40,000 miles. I mostly do highway driving, with some stop and go traffic. But a particular stretch is through a winding ravine. And I figure my crazy driving through there help led to slightly earlier wear. But then again, many sites seem to say 40K-60K is normal time to change brakes.

·
Registered
339 Posts
get drilled or slotted rotors as they dissipate heat better especially on a car like our with front discs only were the front deos 75% of the breaking I would recommend slotted as drilled rotors have a tendency to crack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.