Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 HB and i want to do some work on it but its tough when i think about a voided warranty on a new car for any reason. I just want to add some rims and maybe lower the car 1.5 inches to fill in the gap but im not sure...im sure rims wont be a problem but anyone know about a lowered car and possible issues i may have with the car down the road? All thoughts welcomed plz

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
According to the magnuson-moss Act manufacturers are not supposed to void their warranty because an aftermarket part was installed unless they can prove that the part caused the problem. They can however refuse to work on your car because you've installed aftermarket parts. When in doubt, ask the dealership what will happen if you do it. Then get a second opinion from another dealership. My dealership says that if you have any parts installed, they will still do the work, but only if the parts were installed by an ASE certified mechanic, which I think is ridiculous. The dealership a half hour down the highway however says they'll do the work no matter who installed it, so check around first.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
According to the magnuson-moss Act manufacturers are not supposed to void their warranty because an aftermarket part was installed unless they can prove that the part caused the problem. They can however refuse to work on your car because you've installed aftermarket parts.
This.

However, it depends on your dealer. Some seem to suck when it comes to warranty stuff anyways even if its not modded.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
However, it depends on your dealer. Some seem to suck when it comes to warranty stuff anyways even if its not modded.
This is also true

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.