Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After raining, i can see water falling from drain just after i open door.

Is it normal for this Versa Sedan 2012?

·
Registered
976 Posts
There is no such thing as a door on ANY car with an inside that is 100% waterproof, why the drains are there. Don't make the classic mistake of thinking bottom-of-window seals are supposed to keep all rain out, it is not and has never been true. The seals are only intended to deflect most water from going into the door, NOT ALL. Why the inner door panels are always separated from inside of door with some type of moisture seal. Same with the base of windshield, somehow people think that seals when it doesn't. The glass to car unibody is sealed but runoff down the glass does NOT get stopped by any fixture you can see there like the cowl cover.

·
Registered
165 Posts
That's a good thing that it's draining.

I'm assuming the car is being parked at an angle that this water isn't draining out unnoticed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
About comment of PoMan, my car is a little bit parked at an angle.

When i open door, i can see a water falls from drain close to the hinge.

Is it a a common issue for all Versa Sedan rear door ??

DD

·
Registered
976 Posts
Put it this way...........if the water didn't drip out of the door, it would then be filling with water, that would be MUCH worse............Again, ALL car doors do that, it is intended to do so. Why the rocker panel underneath the drain is angled outward, to run the water off the car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just quite surprise to see water going out when i open rear door ... so for me that can be a source of humidity and problem with rush !!

I will try to park my car in other position to see if it still have water going out ...

DD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts