Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2011 Nissan Versa hatchback. When I got home after driving it cross country from college, my dad noticed water under the floor mats in each footwell. Any ideas on where to start looking for the cause?

My dad and I checked out the door seals and they all look good. I've read something about the air conditioner condensation drain perhaps being plugged and the water backing up through that. I'm at a loss though and don't know where to find it.

Thank you for your help. I love the car, but this could be a real problem this winter.

Diana

·
Registered
339 Posts
there should be a drain hose that comes out of the heater box to the passenger side of the car aroung the bottom of the firewall. Also check your coolant level it could be a bad heater core leaking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Water leak

I have the same problem as you have, and it could be the heating core or pipes that are leaking.
try have a feel behind the glove box and you should feel that the insulation are wet too, if thats the case then its definitely the heating core that is the problem.
You should also see a drain in the radiator water/coolant level dropping drastically as well.

However to be able to resolve this issue you would have to remove the dashboard completely which is a real pain. as the heating/ac console is behind the whole dashboard. You can have a look to some videos on youtube.

As far as the repairs goes, the console would have to be remove to know the real problem.

hope this help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.