Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother suggested waxing my car atleast once a month but I dont know which brand I should get. Any suggestions? Input/pics would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Once a month? For a full wax? That is ALOT of waxing.
I wax and clay my Versa in the spring and fall, and use a quik spray on wax in between.

I recommend Meguiar's.

·
3,417 Posts
It's recommended you do it twice a year before the summer and the winter so the paint can withstand the harsh environmental debris, fallout from acid rain and exterior elements. Still have to wash the car every other week or whenever it starts showing visible soil.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I second using Meguiar's car wax, it works wonders on black cars. And that sounds about right, because I'm due for another wash/wax treatment soon considering I last did it about 8 months ago.

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
I would reccomend at least every 3 months, however I reccomend the Dri wash i use, and its all 1 step so its nice and easy. Also all purchases from this site help support this site. www.waterlesscarwashproducts.com i usually protect my vehicle weekly, as thats all i use on it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I wax in the Spring once and in the Fall once with quick cleans in between. I use Optimum spray wax - it's been awesome so far!

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I use some carnuba stuff. It smells really good :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
meguiars all the way buddy!!!! Wash the car with meguiars gold class. Then use the meguiars cleaner wax, then put on some meguiars tech wax 2.0. Best way to do it in my opinion twice a year. Then in between after you wash it, use megiuars spray detailer. Works like magic. Gives the car a deep wet look shine. On top of the twice a year I use megiuars ultimate compound with a foam buffer before the cleaner wax, to help remove swirls, scratches, fade, and it helps to restore color. But thats what I do. Car is amazing, and smooth as glass. And when parked next to another black versa, mines deeper, richer, deeper, wet look, more vibrant. But the tech wax 2.0 is suppossed to play a big part in that. My girlfriend could put her makeup on just by looking into my car it reflects so good, lol!!! Hope this helps!! ;)

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
you guys work way to hard, i use the dri wash everyweek, car is super smooth, super shiney, and takes about 20 mins a week. (most people use it like a wax and works almost as good, sometimes it may need a claybar if its been 6 months at times, mostly depends on the person and how often its cleaned)

·
MPG King!
306 Posts
ZYMOL.

Mequiar, Mother's, Turtle Wax, and all those other brands seem to come out with a "OUR BEST EVER" wax every other month.

·
3,417 Posts
They only say that so they can get more people to buy their products. It's all a sales gimick for the company, they may alter the ingredients a little though.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
ZYMOL.

Mequiar, Mother's, Turtle Wax, and all those other brands seem to come out with a "OUR BEST EVER" wax every other month.
lol. Well my personal experience, turtle wax just completly sucks on dark colors, mothers is good, but I dont care for there wax, just cause it tends to leave these little white specs in the paint that I have to do some rubbing to get off, and well meguiars is the best ive used on a black car. It does what its suppossed to do, and makes it really easy to clean or wax a car. Ill never switch, nor go back. Meguiars for life. And my proof is in my facbook pictures. lol. But thats my two cents.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Nah I'm not going to bother now. It's already ruined. Plus I've seem cars with clear bras and they are full of nicks and dings. So after a while that would bother me. My next car will get a bra for long roadtrips.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Versa S,

Try Zymol, dude. It's expensive ($13.99 @ AutoZone), but the difference is worth it.
I might try it one day, but the megiuars tech wax 2.0 was $18, and it was worth every penny!!! But when that bottle is gone, I may try that Zymol.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Nah I'm not going to bother now. It's already ruined. Plus I've seem cars with clear bras and they are full of nicks and dings. So after a while that would bother me. My next car will get a bra for long roadtrips.
Haha, I agree. Me and my gf were thinking about taking a trip to FL one of these days (like it seems never) lol, and I was gonna spend the money for a bra for my V for if we go, or when I take my trip to MD one day. I have family up in MD, and after my friends wedding in september, I was thinking about going up there, but we will see. But thats the only time id put the bra on. Id take it on and off only when on trips. I really dont wanna be scrubb n love bugs off when I get back, lol. She has an 04 chrysler sebring convertible V6, and would love to take her car, but shes got like 105,000 miles on it, and its due for a tune up. So I dont care to take her car with over 100,000 miles on it, to long trips. I mean, when we got a new car sittn out front with only 7,000 miles on it, and gett n 30mpg, why not? lol

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Brian: Ya the Versa is nice for road trips. We took my Versa down to Myrtle Beach when it was only a few months old. We got great gas mileage since it was all highway, and the cruise control was on.

Unfortunately the bra does not work with the sport bumpers. As I would seriously like to get it just for road trips. Everytime I come home from driving to Toronto or Buffalo, the bottom lower grille/bumper looks mangled.... :(

Unfortunately the car is to drive so it's bound to happen. I'm taking her to the airport tomorrow and then she'll sit there for the week :(

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
15 Participants
Versa12
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing