Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Aaron: The clay bar won't remove the swirls though. Try buying Meguair's Swirl-X. I bought some the last time I was in the US (since we can't buy it here for some reason) but I have yet to try it out.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Skip the swirl-x, and go right to The Meguiars Ultimate Compound. That bottle removes swirls, scratches, and restores color. Its a proven fact by me. Meguiars cleaner wax after that wouldnt hurt ya either. lol. Then I always top it off with Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0. I do these 3 steps twice a yr. Before winter, and before summer. Using a buffer, using a foam pad for applying Ulitmate Compound, microfiber pad for appyling wax cleaner, and a buffing pad for removing the tech wax. Thats the best way Ive figured out to do it. As far as using the meguiars products. I remove the other 2 with a Microfiber towel. Amazing results each time. It just gets better and better the more I do it.

·
Banned
3,409 Posts
With ultimate compound, remember to do one section at a time. That stuff is difficult to remove once dried, the results are slick.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
I used the ultimate compound and didn't find it removed the swirls. It did remove a couple of small scratches near the wheel fender.

I think next time I need to use the buffer for it.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
My dad has a buffer kit in the garage, that I think we have only used once. It's too heavy for me to hold, maybe I'll buy myself a new one when I get back. Something that is lighter to hold.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
IMO the heavier ones are easier to use, less effort to add pressure on surfaces. Plus they have better speed control, like a Porter Cable or Makita. I'll most likely go to a pawn shop, ive seen lots of them there lol.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
It's just really hard to use it for a long period of time. And trying to hold the heavy machine on the doors is very difficult (at least for me).

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Indeed, my buddy brings a bean bag chair to sit while buffing doors lol.
LOL! At least im not the only one. I use an old office chair we had, and leave it in the garage to sit on while buffing the sides, haha, too funny.

·
Banned
3,409 Posts
LOL! At least im not the only one. I use an old office chair we had, and leave it in the garage to sit on while buffing the sides, haha, too funny.
It's all about the wheels man, all about the wheels! lol

APLPIX; said:
Indeed, my buddy brings a bean bag chair to sit while buffing doors lol.
That's awesome man, when you work hard, relax easily!

·
Super Moderator
584 Posts
for swirls one of the easiest things ive used is wolfgangs scratch remover (or something like that) works great (only used it on a buffer), the clear bra things suck in my opinion (Detailed a few porsches over the weekend and had them installed, and on the black they looked like crap, showed nasty waterspots that would not come off) the lighter colors where not to bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
it rained today in AZ! boo since i washed my car and did all the extra detailing and a day later it decides to rain super hard :(

now i have to wash my car LAWLZ :/

·
Registered
127 Posts
A bra for long trips is a good idea if it has a felt or some other kind of soft lining on the backside.

If road conditions where one lives are really bad, it might be well to keep the bra on all the time. But in that case the bra must be removed and thoroughly washed and dried when the car is washed; at least once a week. Leaves, grime and even small pebbles tend to collect where the top edge of the hood protector part of the bra stretch across the hood. Obviously, this must not be permitted to reman that way.

If a bra is used regularly, it is a good idea to polish and wax the panels that are covered by it at least once a month.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
As long as you wash your car regularly, you don't really need a wax. My dad and I haven't waxed our cars since we bought them (new) and they still shine like new after every wash.

just my 2 cents

21 - 40 of 41 Posts