Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded my door speakers to a set of four kenwood speakers and the bass output seems weaker than the previous stock cheapo speakers (the bass sounded heavier in the store as well). I read online that i could get an amp installed to get the speakers adequate power since they aren't just pieces of paper, but before i do anything, i wanted to see if anyone else can put in their two cents since car audio isn't my strongest area of expertise. thanks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The versa stock speakers are better than average OEM speakers in other cars. Sometimes even better than aftermarket speakers, until you install an amp.

My versa's base is higher than my rogue on stock bass levels.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
If you want bass my friend, get a subwoofer. Getting an amp for your speakers will only make your speakers louder in the mids and highs. you may get a little more bass from the speakers, but not much more with the amp. Get a subwoofer :)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
take the speakers back and replace the head unit. then you get your highs and the bass. factory decks don't have too much highs.

btw...
I'm happy with my OEM radio and speakers, but I only wish it had MP3 port so I can plug and listen to my MP3, and for the highs, I will fix that once I install a couple tweeters.......oneday...someday....
:thumb2:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
If you want bass my friend, get a subwoofer. Getting an amp for your speakers will only make your speakers louder in the mids and highs. you may get a little more bass from the speakers, but not much more with the amp. Get a subwoofer :)
x2... aftermarket speakers don't have much bass.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know this is an old thread. The stock head unit does not have the power to push out bass. So no matter what speaker you buy forget it. Then if you do buy another head unit MATCH the speakers to the head unit for the best sound. EVEN if you call or go to Crutchfield online they can recommend a compatible speaker. If you buy a speaker rated HIGHER than your radio can support FORGET IT. I matched my Kenwood head unit I got cheap with speakers and I have bass. Nice bass too. Not wimpy ass bass. Then I also put closed closed cell speaker foam behind each speaker. I also found some stuff like Dynomat on ebay to help too.
There are tons of things a person should read about BEFORE buying speakers. Sensitivity, The higher the number the better matched for under powered Head units.
If you go to Crutchfield you just put in what car you have etc. I don't buy from there, Too expensive. BUT it will tell WHAT YOU NEED. Don't expect Kickers to thump with a stock radio. BUT there are cheaper discontinued Head units like my Kenwood I got for $50.00 that is doing the job.
Oh ya then it's how the speakers are made too. I am writing because I have seen so many call a good set of speakers junk when the head unit is JUNK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.