Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've finally made a decision on a good quality intake. The Weapon R Secret Weapon.
Is there anyone running it in there V right now?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's technically a short ram, but it comes with a ram air duct that connects to the end of the air filter.

@mR34... thanks for the review.

I'm going to go ahead and order it tmrw. Expedited Shipping, cuz i'm impatient!!

G

·
debating on selling my dc intake and getting a sri as well weve had way to much rain here lately been flooding i no want hydro lock

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not really impressed with the CAI for the Versa's. I'll post up pics of finished product once the Weapon R is installed and a vid. Also a review...I looked at the Taked SRI as well as the Weapon R, and the power gains by Weapon R seemed a bit more convicing. So we'll see how it stacks up. Because i've tested the Stillen CAI on the V so that way i'll something to gauge my review from.

G

·
I am not really impressed with the CAI for the Versa's. I'll post up pics of finished product once the Weapon R is installed and a vid. Also a review...I looked at the Taked SRI as well as the Weapon R, and the power gains by Weapon R seemed a bit more convicing. So we'll see how it stacks up. Because i've tested the Stillen CAI on the V so that way i'll something to gauge my review from.
i had stillen as well wasnt ot impressive i went with dc its alot better

·
Registered
187 Posts
debating on selling my dc intake and getting a sri as well weve had way to much rain here lately been flooding i no want hydro lock
For the SRI I recommend the Takeda...spent a lot of time with them making sure that hot air from the Mtr/Trans/Radiator doesn't effect the Air Cleaner and yet still out of the way if your in an area prone to wetness. For CAI it's either the DC or AEM...both are CARB approved if you need it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I'm screwed since I already ordered the weapon r. What have u heard about it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Took longer than expected to intall the intake but I got. It was a tight fit, and kind of a challege to figure out where I was going to attach the mounting brackets. Luckily there is a tapped hole for a bolt on top of the battery where I could secure the mounting post.

All in all....Works great, got some good low end as well as top end power. I guess you could say that i'm pretty satisfied.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Intake is in! It is working pretty damn good.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its funny. I bought a Weapon R intake too, but comparing the one I bought to yours, your filter manages to stay just behind the battery. The Mesh of the filter is sitting on the negative terminal on mines. I'll post a picture when i get the chance. Or if anyone is still reading this thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.