Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I braked to a stop after driving a bit, it would make a loud shuddering grinding kind of noise. If I brake SUPER gently it would stop.
The pads are as good as new, the rotors have been checked and are good, the car's got 30k on it, 2016 Note SV.
It started out minor and has progressively gotten worse in the last two weeks.
Last night it got so bad the car's handlig got squirrelly on the front end and it shuddered BADLY and tried to wander to the left, PLUS the Traction Control warning light came on.

The fluid level is good also. Was wondering if the ABS could be defective and throwing things off or something..otherwise I havent' got a clue.

Any ideas?
see linked video I uploaded to youtube. this is from 3 days ago and the problem is SIGNIFICANTLY worse now.
https://youtu.be/mdi0XGOV2sk
~NM

Also side note, any ideas for modifications to make it a more comfortable ride, especially for back seat passengers? going to add some noise insulation under the back seat and the rear cargo area soon, but wondering if there's anything that can be done with the rear shocks/springs to make things quieter/smoother.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I braked to a stop after driving a bit, it would make a loud shuddering grinding kind of noise. If I brake SUPER gently it would stop.
The pads are as good as new, the rotors have been checked and are good, the car's got 30k on it, 2016 Note SV.
Last night it got so bad the car's handlig got squirrelly on the front end and it shuddered BADLY and tried to wander to the left, PLUS the Traction Control warning light came on.

The fluid level is good also. Was wondering if the ABS could be defective and throwing things off or something..otherwise I havent' got a clue.

Any ideas?
see linked video I uploaded to youtube. this is from 3 days ago and the problem is SIGNIFICANTLY worse now.
~NM

Also side note, any ideas for modifications to make it a more comfortable ride, especially for back seat passengers? going to add some noise insulation under the back seat and the rear cargo area soon, but wondering if there's anything that can be done with the rear shocks/springs to make things quieter/smoother.
Did you find the issue

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'd definitely bring it somewhere to get a good look to see if something is loose there. It's hard to tell from the video but that didn't sound like typical abs activation to me and the slipping light didn't come on.

If work was recently done on the front I'd bring it there to just have them take a look, without being accusatory.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts

Any ideas?
~NM

Do you think it’s the analog brake system that’s causing this? That’s what my dealer says

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mkissel13- you do realize that you're trying to bump a thread that's four years old?! If the OP hasn't figured it out by now, his/her Versa has probably crashed by now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mkissel13- you do realize that you're trying to bump a thread that's four years old?! If the OP hasn't figured it out by now, his/her Versa has probably crashed by now.
I know but I’m hoping by bumping it someone else may help

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know but I’m hoping by bumping it someone else may help
Why don't you try posting a NEW thread about YOUR car's braking problem? Include facts like year, mileage, when the braking issue started and any details that might help us make some educated guesses about your Versa. Also, clarify what the Nissan dealer service advisor said about a "analog braking system" (which makes no sense)? Are you sure s/he wasn't referring to the ABS braking system?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello. my name is #Erika. I had rented a #2021 #Nissan Versa. I traveled from #Indiana to new hampshire then from #New Hampshire to #Florida. Enjoying some sun shines blessed by letting the sun shine in. This all came to a quick hault, I died #2/21/21. Quickly reving to almost running into a gas pump . I made sure everyone was safe, but I had no brake

s. Without turning right, I would have not saw the light of day. My pain was on the outside, but more so on the inside. I began to wheel the thought of letting down my daughter's and not returning as said. Thankfully I had damage control at #enterprise. I am upset with their policy. I had to pay extra money due to the car not being back by due date. I contacted the #Florida Bar to hopes to have this solution resolved. #Unite21 . Good luck to others with stories , help come together and troubleshoot this faulty system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts