Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drove Nissan Versa 1.8SL Hatchback at 2 different dealer. First time, acceleration was smooth and ac was working fine. Ride was exceptional.

Next time, on a different car but same model, the ac was on 3 and whenever I'd step on the gas I'd hear a humming/moaning noise.

Does anyone know what this is all about?

I'm afraid that if the car I order has the same issue as in the first case then what are my options? should i ask the sales person to get me another car then?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
My A/C doesn't make any humming noises, but when I have the defrost/ac button on in the winter to clear up the windows, it will make a soft ticking noise after it's been on for a while and on setting 1. I think a lot of people have had noise complaints regarding their A/C. I don't hear any noise from my A/C in the summer. If you get a Versa, and the A/C makes a noise, then just bring it in. But I honestly think it's going to happen in any models. It's not a luxury car, there is bound to be some noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My A/C doesn't make any humming noises, but when I have the defrost/ac button on in the winter to clear up the windows, it will make a soft ticking noise after it's been on for a while and on setting 1. I think a lot of people have had noise complaints regarding their A/C. I don't hear any noise from my A/C in the summer. If you get a Versa, and the A/C makes a noise, then just bring it in. But I honestly think it's going to happen in any models. It's not a luxury car, there is bound to be some noise.
I'm afraid this is not a regular ac compressor switching on noise but rather a noise everytime I accelerate and a bit less pronounced at other times which is what is so strange.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What were the mileages on each car? There's bound to be some noises to occur the first few drives, they go away sooner or later. If not then its gotta be looked at.
The one making the noise had about 8 miles. I didn't notice the mileage on the one that did not but maybe I'll go back and check now that you mention it...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Ive been told that nissan have very noisey and loud A/Cs. When I push the button on mine, its like eeeeeerrrrrrrreeekkkkkk, ssssssssssssss. Everytime its pushed for about 3 secs. When accelerating there is this tiny little high pitch squiel. No matter how many times I stop and go, I will hear it as I go thru the gears of 1 and 2. 3 and 4 are too low of an RPM to hear it, plus u really arent accelerating at those gears. But I only hear it, when the radio is off, or fan speed is at 1 or 2. There cant be any noise to hear it. Which is normally when my grandparents are in the car. But I guess its kinda like a humming noise at the same time. Im pretty sure I know what ur talking about. Ive had mine for 1yr 2months. Not one problem with the A/C. I do know anytime I take my nissan back to the dealer, they always fix it, no arguments, no problems, and done right the first time. Maybe u didnt notice it on the first one??? I didnt notice alot of things when I test drove a versa for the first time. I hope this helps. My parents have had an 07 S an now have an 09 SL hatch, and they both made the exact noise mine makes. Im more than positive its normal, and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I didnt notice alot of things when I test drove a versa for the first time.
Ya I was so excited to be driving a new car to take notice of a lot of things during the test drive. And I test drove this car twice. Once in 2007, and then agin in 2008 when I actually purchased it. I still have no complaints. Dealer seems to be good here too at fixing whatever needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Me too. It was a new car for me too. Plus it was in april, so no A/C or heat was needed. It was like 60/70 degree weather. So I really couldnt test everything out. lol Plus I drove a SL grey hatch, and ended up buying a Black S sedan, complete opposite? lol

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Plus one other thing, they were both SL hatchs right? They can be SLs, but the body style plays a difference on the transmissions. Cause SL hatch is CVT, its gonna be smooth and nice. The SL sedan uses the 4sp auto, so its not as nice, I should know. lol!!!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Me too. It was a new car for me too. Plus it was in april, so no A/C or heat was needed. It was like 60/70 degree weather. So I really couldnt test everything out. lol Plus I drove a SL grey hatch, and ended up buying a Black S sedan, complete opposite? lol
Ya I test drove it both times around Easter Time (April/May). I test drove a blueberry SL hatch both times. They never had a red one on the lot while I was there, or any colour with the sport package. It was a complete surprise when I picked her up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.