Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Im kinda desperate.
I got a 2012 Versa S with the manual transmission.
It got 73000 kilometers on the odo.
Since a week, I went to sleep at my gf house, and the car was perfectly running, as always.
Next day when I woke up, it didn't start, so I had to push it to start it with the compression.
Next thing after that, my temperature gauge start flicking, saying that it was overheating.

I took his ass to the garage, they change the thermostat, change all the fluids in the radiator and clean the injectors for a price of 550$.
But it didn't do anything, the same problems came back.

When the engine is cooled down and they plug their engine computer, it say that my engine is at 96 degrees, which is impossible.

I always get to start it but it takes 10-20 seconds and im afraid of broking the starter...

Does anyone else seen this ? LOL

·
Registered
216 Posts
Probably a temperature sensor has failed or wiring to the sensor has gone bad. See if coolant temp sensor can be replaced easily I would try that.

·
Registered
940 Posts
That and the engine could easily be at 96 degrees, depends on how long you 'cooled it down'......................you need your battery and/or alt checked, could easily be making problems out of the blue yourself. Electronics give bogus numbers when the supplying voltage is off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
amc49
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing