Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
5,026 Posts
man that site everything has doubled in price, the tanabe springs went up like $100, im sorry but thats price gouging(sp). I will be shopping around.

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
man that site everything has doubled in price, the tanabe springs went up like $100, im sorry but thats price gouging(sp). I will be shopping around.
you should be shopping around anyway. He is a business and we are customers. I know were all about supporting those that support the V but to be honest I will go for the cheaper price everytime. Not to mention the fact that if we only buy from one place it's like a monopoly. Competition makes prices come down :).

BTW maybe find what your looking for somewhere else first and then contact versaspeed and see if they will price match.

·
Administrator
5,026 Posts
i usually do shop around, Stillen has alot of the same things cheaper, i would love to support versaspeed but not at those prices and with the way the economy is everyone is looking to save money.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wow! I don’t know where to start but I guess I’ll start with the “gouging” theory.
If you guys would expand your horizon and check a few “facts” before you point fingers you’d know that the dollar is at a thirteen year low against the yen meaning that anything made in Japan is going through the roof, so if you see something that is “cheap” and is “supposed” to be made in Japan and has not gone up.....then give it a good thought. Second, I only sell Versa and Cube items meaning that the places you can get items cheaper is because they sell everything for every car under the sun therefore they get better breaks on purchasing.....think Wallmart. I only raise the prices when they are raised on me and I make about ten percent on most of my catalogue just to try and stay up with the other companies. So after expenses....website...shopping cart.....charge card fees even when not used....etc. I’m lucky to break even.
And you won’t see those companies at an AutoX seeing what’s what or a speed event...hell they probably don’t even know what a Versa looks like!.....You won’t see them working the phones or companies or Nissan Japan to get more things for the Versa/Cube or being selective so that you guys get the right items that will really help your Versa.
I only carry quality items and items I have/would use on my own car or could recommend to friends a car that I paid for and try to stay away from anything that does not do anything for the enhancement of the car or is not made in the US or Japan so I’m sorry if I don’t carry “Cheap” items....I’m not in it to make a killing I do other work for that.......I’m in it to expand what I think is a fun platform that Nissan seems to be ignoring.
Two years ago I had a ton of items I was putting on the board to work on with my experience in the Automotive field (which the So Cal guys can back me up on) but the majority of them I’ve shelved because you can’t only sell five or six items and expect to make money after the R&D and test fitting etc. And if your in business you know what I’m talking about.
I could go on and on and give you a few examples but don’t want to make this too boring but bottom line is were lucky to have what we have...and I’ve got a couple of more things in the pipeline that I’m working on and yes using my own money for R&D but then that’s it.
You can buy from whomever you like, I don’t blame you at all for looking at the best deal, I’m a big boy and I do other things to be able to afford the personal expense on making this all happen but the main thing.......I have had way too much fun getting the car to the level it’s at and getting some respect for the Versa where ever I go and meeting some really awesome people at our So Cal events.
I’ve got more things I’m going to be doing to it in the future but again for personal use in fact just today I picked up some of the items to one of my projects that should be done next week.....can hardly wait!
Just a last note....I’m not mad or anything close and am always available to answer questions for the Versa/Cube owner no matter where you purchase your items....I’m a Versa owner first.......a Versa parts seller second! LOL!
By the way....the Tanabe Springs went up fifty dollars....the exact same as my cost and are the same price as the Eibach Springs which had always been that high. Same goes with the Adjustable Tokico's what ever the raise was is the same as the raise to me and just a side note I have an email to Tokico complaining of the crazy pricing on them. Again all the above can be backed up by the So Cal Crew that knows me and my "team". :biggrin5:

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Hope no one thought I was getting on them. I know Bob is a Versa owner and a small business man. I know all about the "walmart" theory as well. Price things at what you have to and we the consumer will buy things at prices we can afford. It's just the way things are. We do appreciate the fact that your always looking for more versa specific products and such.

On a quick side note why is everything you do so secretive? I mean the big brake kit was so hush hush and now whatever your hinting to in your post. Don't you think putting your idea out there and getting feedback from Versa owners and your potential customers is important?

·
Banned
3,409 Posts
I think he wants to surprise everybody with some 'wow' parts. He has some more JDM parts up his sleeve to tell us about pretty soon that everybody would love to have.

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
he has to keep it secret just incase it doesnt work, so if it doesnt work than there wont be any let down....
Make it public and maybe others with knowledge can assist in getting it to work or maybe someone has tried it and failed.

·
Banned
3,409 Posts
Rob, you can e-mail him a shout or something. Doesn't hurt to give him a suggestion, I'm sure he's open to any of the possibilities.

·
Registered
99 Posts
lol nvm. edited post.

Welcome and great service! Got my Tanabe Exhaust from you.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts