Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... Didn't know where else to turn so I am posting here.. I am having not that great of a day and was hoping for maybe some advice and maybe reassurance.

Just some background,

I've been chatting with this girl I met a few years back on my trip to Korea, since we've kept in touch more or less but more recently. So I sent her a birthday card and a gift card since she lives in VA and I live in CA. I've gotten to like her a lot but now I don't know so much. Anyway here is what happened.

IMG_1567 by sc_d2wall, on Flickr

IMG_1568 by sc_d2wall, on Flickr

IMG_1569 by sc_d2wall, on Flickr

IMG_1570 by sc_d2wall, on Flickr

So thats what happened...

·
Registered
208 Posts
I see what she did. I've teased like that over texting. Don't take it to heart. When you are trying to build a relationship try to talk over the phone. So that way you won't have the misunderstanding like you did with the text. Talking on the phone doesn't always work for the best, but it's better than text. I'm hoping she was teasing (it seems like she is/was). If she wasn't then you'd be better off with out her. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Relationships suck sometimes. I know. I just got over a rough breakup, and obviously that has nothing to do with whats going on here, but you just gotta stay positive and look on the bright side. After all, the girl I was with (and almost proposed to) hated topgear, disliked my car, and didn't like my friends. My new girlfriend loves my friends, loves my car (and tuning in general), and shes sorta into topgear. So sometimes something that seems really bad can turn out really well. Idk if this helps or not, but I hope it does.

Also, its like they said^^its easy to take things the wrong way when its over a text, dont look too far into it.

And their girls, so waaaaaaay smarter than me. hahaha

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks guys I'll muscle through it. It just felt like that the text was meant for a girlfriend and she accidentally sent it to me just saying.

I think I will be optomistic and take her apology and patch things up. Thanks agian.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey thanks guys I'll muscle through it. It just felt like that the text was meant for a girlfriend and she accidentally sent it to me just saying.

I think I will be optomistic and take her apology and patch things up. Thanks agian.
Welcome! I can see how you would think she meant it for a girl friend. Hang in there, long distance relationships are hard. :grouphug:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Long distance relationships can be extremely hard. I know first hand. Me and my wife were good friends for almost 5 years first. She lived in the philippines. When we decided to finally put things together the time, desire, and distance can really wear on you. I agree talk by phone as much as possible. Txt's can come across cold, where a phone conversation you can hear the voice inflection and the sincerity. If you ever have any questions or just need a sounding board let me know.Take care and stay strong and try to think positive.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Stay strong man. Girls are a confusing thing. don't let what she said bring you down. like people have stated already, she might have not meant it the way she wrote it. keep your head up and good luck to you and your lady friend!

C

·
0 Posts
Honestly,,,I'd dump her and find someone else,,I dont think she was joking,,I think she thought she was sending that text to someone else,,why waste your time,I know,,I have wasted years on the wrong girl,,,all my friends tried to warn me,,,but love is blind,,,,good luck~~~~

·
Registered
30 Posts
alls I got to say:

A Bronx Tale
"Sonny: Alright, listen to me. You pull up right where she lives, right? Before you get outta the car, you lock both doors. Then, get outta the car, you walk over to her. You bring her over to the car. Dig out the key, put it in the lock and open the door for her. Then you let her get in. Then you close the door. Then you walk around the back of the car and look through the rear window. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in: dump her.
Calogero 'C' Anello: Just like that?
Sonny: Listen to me, kid. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in, that means she's a selfish broad and all you're seeing is the tip of the iceberg. You dump her and you dump her fast.

People might joke, but there is always some thought that they have then 'inspires' a joke. Unless she makes these types of jokes all the time (like part of her sense of humor to seek out these type comments) or if this was exceedingly rare I would 'dump her.... dump her fast'

my two cents,
Jake

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wouldn't take what she said seriously. It seems more like a joke then anything. But if it hurt you enough to feel this way....you should talk to her about it. If you continue to still feel disrespected I would say leave....waiting it out and wishing for the best isn't always the best answer. No point for you to feel depressed all the time, over someone who would make you feel that way. I say that....but it easier said then done. Need anything we are here for ya.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
interesting :eatpopcorn:

I'm actually good helping people out with relationships

Bad news: she's talking behind your back
Good news: she did apologies. we all say crazy stupid things when nobody is around lol

Advice: give her some space, still keep in touch, and go from there. and think about what you want from her. it is a long relationship, and that means it takes longer to get to know her. don't be too controller, just let it be because as long as you guys are on the same page, everything will be okay. long distance relationships are not easy but at least you guys can talk and keep in touch. if you both want the same it should work out

·
Registered
92 Posts
I love that scene in A Bronx Tale!

This is a toughy. I know for myself, I have a dry odd sense of humor and sometimes it makes me look like I have ulterior motives, but in reality I'm just an oblivious oaf. One time I pretended to be a stranger hitting on my boyfriend at the time when he newly signed onto a forum I used to frequent. (He didn't know my nick on there, but it did have the indication of me having red hair!) That whole fiasco ended with him thinking I was testing his loyalty to me, but I swear I thought he would have known it was me the whole time! Luckily, he was loyal though, damn it. :D

Anywho, I agree with letting her know that it hurt your feelings and see what happens from there. Open communication works wonders. If someone is unaware of what's going on; how can they fix it?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone. I talked to her about it and she apologized. thanks everyone for your support things are looking up now ^_^ taking things slow as the distance is prohibitive so we are just keeping it low key. Thanks again!!! I really appreciate everyones support.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks everyone. I talked to her about it and she apologized. thanks everyone for your support things are looking up now ^_^ taking things slow as the distance is prohibitive so we are just keeping it low key. Thanks again!!! I really appreciate everyones support.
:woot: :woot: Glad to have been some help.
Have an awesome day! :banana:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Well I have no idea what happened, but glad to hear things seemed to have worked out for the positive!

Sidenote... my experience with women leads me to believe they are all crazy (except the ones on this forum, of course :p).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts