Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I just started pumping money into my 2009 Nissan versa 1.6 base @170,000 miles to get her up to speed. Her name is bumperless can you guess why?!?
So I recently replaced my rotors, pads, axel, wheel hub and control arm on both side now the driver side caliper is making a noice which sounds like it is engaging then releasing while in drive no other gear Any idea? Doing a full (transmission, oil, coolant, brake, power steering) flush and filter (oil and transmission) replacement Wednesday. Look forward to advice

·
Registered
122 Posts
Does it sound like abs?
Do you feel a vibration in the steering wheel when breaking?

Double check your work on that side of the car. Make sure the pads and caliper slides move smoothly.
Make sure none of the break hardware is making contact with the rotor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had a vibrant in the wheel since I bought it. ( I bough it with after a 16 crashed it learning to drive and been fixing things as I go)
My abs light is not on, so i figured it would be if that was the cause, tomorrow I will be replacing that side again.
  1. I just did a brake fluid flush (see picture 1)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, glad I got it out. My transmission filter came out today and it had metal shavings but nothing outside normal, so I am guessing that it never been done before. Btw I believe I found the noice, the lower engine mount.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm glad you figured it out.

Props to buying the 1.6 base Versa from the 1st generation. I heard that it comes with a 5-speed manual (instead of the 6-speed), 14-inch steel wheels (instead of the 15-inch steel wheels), manual windows/locks/mirrors, no radio, and no A/C. It was as barebones as you can get because it had a starting price of under $10k ($9,990, I believe).

That was when Nissan was going head-to-head with Hyundai (Versa vs. Accent) in the battle for cheapest car in America. Both companies kept lowering the prices of the Versa and Accent and kept decontenting them in a race to the bottom. Hyundai ultimately won, undercutting the Versa by $20 (Versa base price = $9,990, Accent base price = $9,970).

As amusing as it was at the time, I was actually seriously considering that <$10k Accent at the time because the price was so low, even for the time (2009-2011) and even though it was so barebones.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree, glad I got it out. My transmission filter came out today and it had metal shavings but nothing outside normal, so I am guessing that it never been done before. Btw I believe I found the noice, the lower engine mount.
my dang car is making the same noise, I accelerate tap the brake and here a clunk almost sounds like its coming from the right side the if I dont accelerate and tap the brake again I dont hear anything. But as soon as I accelerate then tap the brake .... clunk! I almost wonder if it’s the motor mount also!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my dang car is making the same noise, I accelerate tap the brake and here a clunk almost sounds like its coming from the right side the if I dont accelerate and tap the brake again I dont hear anything. But as soon as I accelerate then tap the brake .... clunk! I almost wonder if it’s the motor mount also!
The mounts are 38$ on ebay. And not that hard on this car worth the slight investment to get them fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts