Nissan Versa Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wrote this cause I called a dealership and they quoted me 600 bucks to blow it out and run a diagnostic and 2 hours of labor and im not sure what else cause i hung up. It will take you an hour to an hour and half at the max then drying time. I used those blue fans for carpet drying and someone mentioned a leafblower. The drain is under the cowl on the passenger side on the inner fender under a black plastic cover looking thing and on the driver side there is also a drain about same spot as passenger side. To remove the cowl take the plastic retainer clips out and remove the windshield wipers. You can do this without removing the windshield wipers if you remove the clips that hold the cowl in place loosen it and then next take a metal hangar and make it straight and fish it in and clear the holes. There is no tube the water evacuates into a body cavity so once you've pushed it through your good. I suggest taking off the windshield wipers and take cowl off and get every piece of crud out. Once water has made it inside your holding about 4 or 5 gallons under the floorboard. Take your passenger seat out. You will need a t50 bit to remove 4 bolts that hold the seat in. Before you pull it out lean it back and u plug the 3 wiring harnesses. Now remove it out the back passenger door. Get a sponge like the one in my pictures, park facing downhill so the water pools upfront. Pull the crapet up as much as you can and just start getting 1 spongefull at a time unless you have a wetvac . As you can see there is a LOT of empty space BELOW the passenger seat that can literally hold gallons. BUT.. what i found most interesting was that you see a round rubber plug thats painted the same as the car. I played with it for a minute pondering if i should try to push it through but decided against messing something up. But once i sat down and looked closer i can see that it IS A PLUG that was left in at the factory !! You can see the word PUSH on it. Thats a secondary drain so if there is a backflow it doesnt come into the cabin and pool the way it does. UPDATE: a mechanic buddy of mine said yes that is a secondary drain to drain a vehicle after an event but not to leave it like that because rain and hitting puddles can introduce water into the car. View attachment 17569
View attachment 17570 View attachment 17571 View attachment 17572 View attachment 17573 View attachment 17574 View attachment 17575
I have a in 2015 Nissan Versa Note that I purchased in May 2021. I noticed my rear passenger floorboards we're soaking wet with puffy mold growing. I thought my big water jug must have leaked out on to floorboards. When I came home I took the wet carpet out and hung dried them. A week later they were wet again. So I jumped on Google and started educating myself. So the information on the Cowl reservoir. I gently took the main cover off a deeply cleaned it out. I made a small hose from my aquarium fit it snuggle over my air compressor power dust/tool. I fed it down the tiny drainage holes. I then cleaned with hot soapy water. It was draining great. I noticed the intake air hole was only an inch up from the reservoir. So I decided to change that stupid design that should have law suits against them. I had recently took down my swimming pool and had cut it up. I got a piece of it from the junk pile. I took aquarium silicone, about 5in high swimming pool material, and glued it over most of the air intake hole. I left it to dri over night before replacing the cowl cover. I prayed for it to work. So far it's December still 0with no wet floors and the defrost works wonderful. I hope this may help someone with their Versa. It's a simple fix anyone can do. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old thread, I know, but wanted to post something I haven't seen elsewhere. 2015 Versa Note, same issue of sloshing water in passenger floors wet carpet. I cleared the drain hole under the windshield cowl. Rather than pull carpet, on the underside of the car, there is a drain hole that is plugged (see previous photos in a reply from the interior... Plug says "push"). If you push up lightly on that from the underside (feel around under the car, passenger side, it's in a circular recess), the water pooled in the floorpan will slowly drain out. I took a stick and wedged it against the ground to maintain pressure in the drain from below, and it seems to drain out the standing water in the floorpan beneath the carpet. I wet-vacced the carpet and have had a box fan on it the last couple days with windows open, and both the wetness and the mildew have abated dramatically. I expect the drains under the cowl will need to be checked once a year or so, but hopefully this is a start to addressing what is a ridiculous design flaw in the Nissan Versa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I loved this forum. It helped me eliminate possibilities of what was causing the water in my Versa.

Here is a video I made... I had the carpet pulled up after I just vaccumed the water up then it began to rain! So I got live action of the water intrusion. My AC evap hose and windsheild cowl and drains below it were all good.

Hope this can help somebody out there.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts