Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s a good quality window cleaner that ACTUALLY does like it promises and gives a streak free finish...tried several different kinds including windex and those bastards lied cause my windshield is nothing but streaks and it’s driving my nuts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Any glass cleaner will work. I can get streak free from even washer fluid. It's all in technique.
Trick 1, use a good quality towel, either microfiber or paper.
Trick 2, use 1 towel to wash and use another to dry. Do not use the same towel for both.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any glass cleaner will work. I can get streak free from even washer fluid. It's all in technique.
Trick 1, use a good quality towel, either microfiber or paper.
Trick 2, use 1 towel to wash and use another to dry. Do not use the same towel for both.
Maybe that was the problem because I was just using the same one for both

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
No window cleaner on earth works until you get all the dirt off the glass, you are simply smearing it around over and over. Also, too much makes it worse.

You may have to clean the glass more than once then and ONLY then it will be streak free. Windex works fine for me. Use more than one towel like said, I may use 6 on the front.

You may have to do BOTH sides of the glass as well.

Just like with all the headlight refinishing kits I used to get back saying they don't work. The results depend on the amount of work put in, the product is not to blame. Dirt still in your Windex is what leaves the streaks behind.

I've used gasoline before (don't get it on the paint) as a precleaner to knock the oil based gum and other crap loose, that can work well before the Windex. If the gas has ethanol in it even better, it then is miscible with the Windex. Don't hit any plastics with it though. REAL glass only.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have noticed that the spray glass cleaners from an aerosol can work much better than the liquid spray products. I bought several cases of the can spray years ago when a local auto parts store was having a sale. Was probably back in the 1980's. I bought so many that I still have some left today. Like others have said use paper towels or a micro fiber cloth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts