Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa Note SR HB
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only way to adjust the volume properly and consistently is using the steering wheel buttons.
Try adjusting the volume on the actual head unit (knob) on my 2016 Note SR, it does whatever it wants. No matter the direction. I didn’t notice this until after I bought it.

anyone else? I have the touch screen GPS/NAV/Sirius XM/CDplayer which I’m assuming is the best one available from the factory. Also sometimes the volume adjusts itself slightly when driving. What’s up with that ??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does have adaptive volume but that particular feature is turned off, I strongly dislike that in any of my cars when driving alone.Even when stopped the knob on the head Unit is quite worthless. Lol. Have to use the steering wheel. It’s bizarre

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I first got my 2020 pre-owned the volume knob did not work linearly - just bounced volume up and down. I found a TSB describing corrosion build up inside the volume knob when unused for a long time. The fix is to rapidly turn the knob clock wise for 20 seconds, counter clockwise for 20 seconds and the for 20 seconds rapidly alternate clockwise and counter clockwise. This fixed mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a used 2020 Nissan Versa last week and on the way home from the dealership I noticed this happening too.. I was going to make an appointment to be looked at but I YouTubed it that night. Guess what worked and FIXED it?! WD-40.. Take the volume knob off, spray couple time, put back on and spin, and do it one more time.. try this out and let me know if it works.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent. I’ll try the turning for 20 seconds thing in each direction, and if that doesn’t work, will try WD40

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So guess what….. a couple shots of WD-40 after pulling the knob off WORKED!!

thanks to who suggested it. I was skeptical but can’t believe it worked. Was tired of using the steering wheel control for volume. Now the only thing is not having Apple CarPlay in the OEM SRs navigation/camera/satellite/CD player.

A guy at Crutchfield told me there’s a good chance some sort of interface will be available in the near future tho. He said maybe a year.

Once you have a couple vehicles with CarPlay or A Auto, it’s hard to go back to one without. Kind of like going from a back up camera to none.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts