Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m planning on replacing the stock 6 CD changer on my 2008 versa hatchback SL, I’ve been looking around and most places are saying that I will only need to get a oem to aftermarket wiring harness and a antenna adapter. I took my radio apart today to have a look and there’s 4 plugs on the back, unlabelled of course, I know the ones on either end are main harness and antenna but what are the two middle plugs for and what do I have to do with them if I change my head unit? I am looking at a double din head unit so I shouldn’t need a cover plate or adapters for that. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

as far as I can tell from left to right it’s antenna, no idea,no idea , steering wheel controls? And the main one that the adapters will fit into.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
You likely just don't use anything there unknown, the cars don't use all of them on every car, the new radio may give you even more to worry about.

·
Registered
427 Posts
From Left to Right
Antenna, Satellite, Bluetooth/Phone, Main. The little one next to the main is not used.
Steering wheel controls are wired through the main connector

·
Registered
172 Posts
From Left to Right
Antenna, Satellite, Bluetooth/Phone, Main. The little one next to the main is not used.
Steering wheel controls are wired through the main connector
I have a similar enquiry about this.

This is my radio

According to pinout guide the smallest connector is a 8 pin for iPod connection.

I was looking around for the right OEM wire but I can't even find the part number....
the only thing I found is this replacement part

Wouldn't this be useless, considering that this radio already has an aux input plug in the front?

I think the OEM harness connects to both 8 pin and 16 pin connectors at the same time and then connects to a separate aux module somewhere.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Need to see the front, especially model number.

·
Registered
427 Posts
A 2009 Cube radio.
From L-R
Antenna
Bluetooth/phone
XM/Satellite radio
Ipod
20 pin main

As for the Ipod, that is hard wired into the main harmess, so that aux thing is all that is available.
Unless you want to harvest a main harness from a junkyard.

·
Registered
172 Posts
A 2009 Cube radio.
From L-R
Antenna
Bluetooth/phone
XM/Satellite radio
Ipod
20 pin main

As for the Ipod, that is hard wired into the main harmess, so that aux thing is all that is available.
Unless you want to harvest a main harness from a junkyard.
thanks for explaining, but my enquiry was a little different and maybe I didn't make myself clear. The wire that I found plugs into the aux port in the back and comes out as a 3.5 jack, wouldn't that serve the same purpose as the front aux 3.5 plug?

·
Registered
194 Posts
What ever happened to the good ole days when you had a power/ground/speakers connection and you didn't have to be an electronics engineer to change out the sound system.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The basics are still the same. Power/ground/speakers is the main 20 pin connector. Everything else is an option or upgrade.
The AM/FM/XM/Nav radios do condense quite a bit into them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts