Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got my Versa hatchback last week knowing I wanted to put some work into it but I just don't know what to do exactly. My engine is the 1.8L 4-cylinder with a mere 122hp. I just want to get my HP to somewhere near 200HP if possible. Im sort of a car noob just knowing what I have learned from google. If anyone could provide me with specific parts or tips I could use to improve my Versa's performance it would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE - I know a budget would be helpful, so here it is. My budget is 1,000 to 1,300 dollars give or take.This budget is only what I have now, I will have more later but what can I do with what I have at this point?

·
Registered
993 Posts
The only thing that gonna get your v up to 200hp is if you do your own swap using a more powerful engine, do a mr20 swap and wait for the supercharger from roterex, or have your own parts custom fabricated to build power off the mr18 thats already in your v. Other than that versapeed.com has alot of parts the v cai, sri, exhausts, things like that.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
supercharger is going to get you close to that but other then that sadly the engine is never going to get near that power unless you custom make parts for it

·
Registered
993 Posts
Id go with the takeda short ram, or the nismo aem cold air intake

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I just got my Versa hatchback last week knowing I wanted to put some work into it but I just don't know what to do exactly. My engine is the 1.8L 4-cylinder with a mere 122hp. I just want to get my HP to somewhere near 200HP if possible. Im sort of a car noob just knowing what I have learned from google. If anyone could provide me with specific parts or tips I could use to improve my Versa's performance it would be greatly appreciated.
how much are you willing to spend?

its just that with a budget we might be able to help you better to see where you're at and how far or fast you can go

also, I would just wait for the supercharger :thumb2:

G

·
even with the supercharger he still would need other parts,,,like an exhaust,,,you could get that stuff out of the way before the supercharger comes out......

·
Registered
238 Posts
Providing money isn't an issue you would need some of the below.

1.Supercharger
2.Performance exhaust
3.Engine swap. Some people assume that the spec-v's 2.5 is the biggest you can put into the V then turbo it up but I haven't seen anyone do that thus far(I'm not really sure the engine bay is big enough). However the MR20 engine from the lower end Sentra works just fine.

Although keep in mind (unless the spec-v's engine can work) even with the MR20 and SC don't expect no better performance than a Civic SI.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
So sad..like it was said before, I'd just enjoy the Versa for what it is. One day in the future MAYBE I may make a custom turbo kit for it but until then..i'd rather just enjoy my mpg's :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
So sad..like it was said before, I'd just enjoy the Versa for what it is. One day in the future MAYBE I may make a custom turbo kit for it but until then..i'd rather just enjoy my mpg's :)
It is a shame but imagine if the Versa had as popular a modding market as the Tiida lol now that would be a sight to see :)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Forced induction or engine swap are your only real options to even get close to 200hp. I would hate to drive a 200hp Versa in the rain... it already suffers from lack of traction.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Forced induction or engine swap are your only real options to even get close to 200hp. I would hate to drive a 200hp Versa in the rain... it already suffers from lack of traction.
See thats why I want stickier tires, sway bars, suspension kit, anything to build traction and handling before adding extra power.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
While those can make it handle better, no doubt, your still not going to get traction when taking off. Its simply not a platform that can ever be made to be fast.

Honestly if you want a faster car, trade it in.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
W/O the basic bolt-ons and a supercharger, you won't reach/pass that...
Good luck!
x2... your still going to need forced induction if you keep the 1.8L engine and want to get anywhere near 140-150hp, and thats assuming you just mean at the crank. At the wheels... probably won't happen.

You could swap in an MR20DE which will give you 140hp, and if you do some basic bolt on parts like a CAI and exhaust you should be pretty close to 150hp at the crank.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.