Nissan Versa Forums banner
61 - 80 of 106 Posts

· Registered
1,000 Posts
I think your right Ado, he still only has 2 post, and 300hp in a V would be quite a feat. Plus at 300hp you really need worry about the traction and stability of the car. That's o good amount of power to run though a small fwd car.

· Registered
1,963 Posts
it could be done but the money that you would need to do it would better be spent on a better starter platform the a versa js I would love to see it but prolly never will

· Registered
1,000 Posts
I don't want to seem like changing my mind about adding power to to v, but I don't think the MR could handle 300hp without a rebuilding it with what would have to be custom-built parts, or maybe parts from Japan. I would really love to know some of the tricks for power they use in their tiidas.

· Registered
1,615 Posts
I would really love to know some of the tricks for power they use in their tiidas.
This^^

Tiidas are raced non-stop in asia, and they appear to be going pretty fast in the videos. There could be something there.

· Registered
330 Posts
Why buy a Versa and be unhappy with the original performance? You should have bought a Sentra spec V or altima 3.5. A versa is built for basic transportation. It runs smooth and quiet and gives the driver a break from everyday stress. I would think you made a mistake buying the car for performance. If my engine blew up I would get a MR20de and would shut up. Just my thoughts.

· Registered
1,246 Posts
I think your right Ado, he still only has 2 post, and 300hp in a V would be quite a feat. Plus at 300hp you really need worry about the traction and stability of the car. That's o good amount of power to run though a small fwd car.
Finally something we can agree on :biggrinjester:

When you get into that kinda power too, if your going to use it, you have to consider things like upgraded braking, I doubt the clutch could handle that power, and know the cvt couldn't, I dunno about the manual tranny, but 6 spd transmissions that aren't really in performance cars don't tend to be overly strong. And yeah like you said, it would be quite a feat!

· Registered
2,359 Posts
for those who want to make the V faster, based on versaspeed superCharger, there is a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel and a lil bit of...

^^^no i did not vote for that guy :thumb2:

Why buy a Versa and be unhappy with the original performance? You should have bought a Sentra spec V or altima 3.5. A versa is built for basic transportation. It runs smooth and quiet and gives the driver a break from everyday stress. I would think you made a mistake buying the car for performance. If my engine blew up I would get a MR20de and would shut up. Just my thoughts.
as far of who what when why buy a versa and turn it into a race car :rolleyes5: that idk :shrug:

I guess my answer would be, ppl want to add Value to their cars. not KBB value but performance value. some people like competition and there's nothing wrong with that. only in a perfect world people would be happy with what they have [some restrictions may apply] so that's my philosophy. Now, I like my V I love my V for what it is, but if I had the time and if I had the money, and if parts were available...would I make some upgrades? sure why not :shrug:

· Banned
342 Posts
I'm happy with my choice, I think with the supercharger that versaspeed is releasing + a custom turbo I'm getting fab'd up, it will really surprise cars like 350/370z; sti's; speeds and srt 4's alike.
This is untrue. Bob claims about 240-250 from an MR20 supercharged. How is this gonna run cars with 300+HP and actual traction? Again. I almost went this route. Just couldnt see hooking up well enough

And for the record the only reason i boughht a versa is because i was under 25 at the time and couldnt insure anything faster brand new. Or i would never have bought it

· Registered
214 Posts
This is untrue. Bob claims about 240-250 from an MR20 supercharged. How is this gonna run cars with 300+HP and actual traction?
it could easily run with 300hp cars if the v had some traction control or something..but it doesnt. dam

· Registered
1,246 Posts
Those two "non versa trolls" had 2 of the cleanest, well put together Versas on this site, or any other Versa site I have seen. I can't say much about ATX's performance, but I think he did some performance mods, but I know jbeau did some REAL performance mods, not just the bolt on stuff that passes as modding on Versa sites. Like engine swap real.

Hey, while I'm on here, I'm thinking of selling my car... Its an 08 6spd S, but I upgraded (cruise, foglights, etc to have the options of the SL)... super duper rare, with some bolt on mods. I'm sure it can reach like 800 whp with some mods... I'm asking 19,500 for it, do you have any friends/relatives who would be interested in this awesome deal?

· Registered
1,963 Posts
normally I would agree about the non versa drivers on here talking shit but this time I have to agree with them sorry but please do it and prove us all wrong

· Banned
342 Posts
You guys all seem to think im bashing the car. Im just trying to help. I put way too much money into that car trying to make it "fast" and it never really got there. I'm only saying, if you want a fast car go buy a fast car cause the versa aint it.

Unless you go with what the tiida guys do on the track. SR20DET...10-15k by the time you get the engine trans and ecu all in a versa. And then it would be fast

· Registered
34 Posts
Wooosaaaaaaa

lol, I just read everyones responses... :45: THIS IS THE FUNNIEST POST EVER!!! :smilielol5: LMBO!!!! I got my versa brand new in 2011.. and after a year of driving it, I can say I've dreamed of converting my versa into something that will leave competition in the dust. But the pipe dream of converting your car into the next vehicle feature on fast and the furious is a pipe you need to drop.:thumb2: These good folks are trying to keep you from wasting your money on upgrades for a car that doesn't want to go at that high of speeds and was made for great fuel mpg. you want a race car? sell your versa and get one. otherwise back down and stay in your lane. LITERALLY!!!

Note: I love all of you, :Angel_anim: but chill the freak out!!! :smilejap:

· Registered
35 Posts
Well anyone can go out and buy a race car, but there is nothing to be proud of. I would rather take something unique and feel proud of my accomplishments.

Plus, all these fast cars are all played out and have no real character anymore.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts