Nissan Versa Forums banner

161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I left the Versa @ home & biked where I had to go today! :)
holy cow wait for tomorrow it might be warmer lol:coolgleamA:
is it far to the lakeshore from where you are?
are there many bike lanes out your way? lots in burlington for sure

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
holy cow wait for tomorrow it might be warmer lol:coolgleamA:
is it far to the lakeshore from where you are?
are there many bike lanes out your way? lots in burlington for sure
I am in Mount Hope near Hamilton airport ... yes it's far to lakeshore. I had today off and had errands to run: tutoring, and babysitting the niece & nephew, all the places were close so I took the bike. Very hot and humid. Back to work tmr!

Normally I try and go for bike rides right after work down at confederation. So I take the bike with me to work since work is only a few minutes away from the beach.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Installed my front ST sway bar. Not as big of a difference as the rear, but it did improve it. Of course it was raining and all that when I installed it....after shearing a bolt which was not fun. Oh well. Its in :)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Well it wasn't recent but I did get an indash tv for my wife's truck. So now she's riding on 20s, with tinted windows and watching movies lol. Next on the list are interior accent lights and a decent sound system =)

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
New gear :)

Have slow leaking tire on Altima, so i put the full size Continental spare on right front, Motomaster SE2 moved up to left front, remaining Cyclone cheapies on the rear.
This also greatly reduced the cheap tire road noise. There are a few complaints about OEM Conti tire performance, but this ContiProContact sure is quieter.
Wife generously carpooling today so i can have cold AC in her Altima today:circle:
Pic also shows off heavy duty three ton jack i bought with my birthday money from Harbor Freight saturday :multi: Sure made all this tire swapping easier!
Got some pneumatic accessories as well. Got the magnetic parts tray and then accidentally drove over it :ciappa:
Next time i wanna try the DIY refrigerant top up for the Versa

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Our Altima needs an intervention
Just filled up $75

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Reviving this thread. Installed a single din tv on my wife's truck last night. Gotta say, it was easier than I thought. Just had to follow instruction and have some common sense =)

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Parked in front of rented condo at Myrtle Beach
1381752317313.jpg

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
repaired the right side wiper pivot now to get the master cyl and a windshield.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Bought a trickle charger for the Honda since I now have a garage. Also, I plasti-dipped the wheels white (doesnt look so great up close). We'll have to see how it looks on the car....if I don't like it I will paint over the white with some sort of bright orange or green.

This weekend I will change the oil, put the summer wheels on, do a quick rinse at the car wash, put the front lip on, remove the rust/paint the rear drums black, and lower the car a bit more.

I've only put about 300 miles in it since November......the motor seemed a bit loud when I started it up...not sure if its a knock or the valves need adjusted. Can't wait to get the motor out and start looking at H22's with the LSD trans.

Bought a tool cart, low profile 3 ton heavy duty jack, jack stands, a roll around stool, and some other goodies as well this past weekend. All of which I was able to fit into the Versa!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Bought a trickle charger for the Honda since I now have a garage. Also, I plasti-dipped the wheels white (doesnt look so great up close). We'll have to see how it looks on the car....if I don't like it I will paint over the white with some sort of bright orange or green.

This weekend I will change the oil, put the summer wheels on, do a quick rinse at the car wash, put the front lip on, remove the rust/paint the rear drums black, and lower the car a bit more.

I've only put about 300 miles in it since November......the motor seemed a bit loud when I started it up...not sure if its a knock or the valves need adjusted. Can't wait to get the motor out and start looking at H22's with the LSD trans.

Bought a tool cart, low profile 3 ton heavy duty jack, jack stands, a roll around stool, and some other goodies as well this past weekend. All of which I was able to fit into the Versa!
Sounds like someone had a happy trip to Harbor Freight!

This morning have appt for oil change for wife's Charger.
I bumped the 5w20 up to full synthetic last time.
Now 38000km

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sounds like someone had a happy trip to Harbor Freight!
hahaha Yes sir! Got awesome deals on everything! My 3 ton low profile jack was only $2 more than the 1.5 ton racing jack. Not only that, but it has far better reviews than the racing jack (seals leak). It appears that bleeding the hydralic fluid is the key before using the jack.

I was going to get the 21 gallon oiled air compressor for $150 w/ my coupon but I didnt have enouch cash with me, nor would it have fit in the Versa. Talk about an awesome deal! Coupon expires in June so maybe I can still buy it....

Also might be ordering a test pipe for the Honda as well to get rid of the cat.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Finally finished rebuilding the turbo for my VW/Audi mk1 GTI 1.8T swap.

It was smoking badly, and causing the engine to want to die when letting off the throttle.

Every seal was blown, and seeping oil. Additionally the turbine housing had cracked, leaking exhaust. Luckily the rotating assembly was still good, no major signs of scoring or damage, but there was burned and caked sludge everywhere.

8 hours of careful disassembly and cleaning, 1 1/2 cans of carb/choke cleaner, and a new turbine housing, and 1.5 hours of reassembly... voila

A few pics from the process:

[/URL][/IMG]\

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

161 - 180 of 205 Posts