Nissan Versa Forums banner

2001 - 2020 of 5967 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Installed some cheapo LED accent lighting under dash on driver and passenger side. There are multiple colors selectable but currently I have it said to red. Matches the red accents on the controls nicely, and looks really really great even though I only spent like $40 for it.

Installed with double stick auto tape and twist ties (for the wires) and fuse tap to a spare slot on accessories. Would like to have it only come on when you turn on the engine, buuut the only slot my add-a-circuit fuse tap would fit in (the only kind they had at the store) would've been where the airbag sensor fuse sits...and I am not trusting my airbags to a $4 piece of hardware (well, except for the fuse obviously lol) so accessories it is!

Will post some pics when I do pics of the whole car in its own or another thread after I get the grill I ordered (OEM 2010,) but everything looks good. People have said it looks totally professional and I have all the wires squared away so you can't see them. There is a little control panel for the lighting but that's tucked in behind a panel on the center console near the drivers side lower vent, so I can slide it out and manipulate it as needed, and slide it back into place (there is a gap behind that panel.)

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I just wanted to let the ones that I met before that I am okay, I'm going to be late on rent since my payroll check was blown away while on it's way here, but I have some food and a roof over my head so I'm okay.

Ian
You are in our thoughts and prayers! 08v

Edit: Changed cabin filter. See post in DIY section.
Also filled up this morn: $58:( 644km, 43.8L, 41.5mpg Imp:). That's about what I'll average for the summer:D.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
You are in our thoughts and prayers! 08v

Edit: Changed cabin filter. See post in DIY section.
Also filled up this morn: $58:( 644km, 43.8L, 41.5mpg Imp:). That's about what I'll average for the summer:D.
Wow. I wish I did all highway. I drove to Toronto and back on Tuesday to drop off BMW with sister in law, drove over 200kms and didn't even get past a 1/4 tank. If I did all highway driving I'd get over 600 per tank easy as CVT Rpms sit very low on highway. I didn't even use cruise since it was rush hour. Glad they had HOV lanes open to use. We were able to take those home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Wow. I wish I did all highway. I drove to Toronto and back on Tuesday to drop off BMW with sister in law, drove over 200kms and didn't even get past a 1/4 tank. If I did all highway driving I'd get over 600 per tank easy as CVT Rpms sit very low on highway.
It's true. A co-worker just got back from Myrtle Beach, and had a rental Maxima w CVT. Drove for days locally and used 3/4 tank.

Love to hear from anyone who gets 600+km in their V. Typically when i fillup just when the fuel light comes on, i put in 40L plus up the neck a bit. So there's ABOUT 10L left when the light comes on...:ihih:

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
It's true. A co-worker just got back from Myrtle Beach, and had a rental Maxima w CVT. Drove for days locally and used 3/4 tank.

Love to hear from anyone who gets 600+km in their V. Typically when i fillup just when the fuel light comes on, i put in 40L plus up the neck a bit. So there's ABOUT 10L left when the light comes on...:ihih:
Ya I can't even remember what we got going to Myrtle Beach in my Versa.

Unfortunately I don't have to take the highway to work since I just work in downtown Hamilton. But I do notice how good she does on the highway.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Wow that pretty good mileage guys! I hope I do as well in my travels this summer. First I have a 1321km trip (one way) to Wisconsin for a cousins wedding, then 1081km from there down to Columbus Ohio to visit some friends then 613km home from there. Grand total of 3015km, plus whatever driving I do when I am there. Glad it will all be across the border where gas is cheap(er). Figuring on 6 fill ups so probably $300 in gas. Kind of sad, my last trip to Cape Breton I did around 5000km for about $200.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Versa S 2009, my boyfriend is absolutely obsessed with the skylines and we go to the dealership constantly to sit in/ look at them. I've never seen ropes and stuff around them lol but I've heard you have to put down 5K just to test drive one...Also, here in Baton Rouge, there is a white R34 that frequents at an awesome mexican restaurant and a red R32 that drives around on nice days...they are great to see on the road!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hey all, I haven't been as active on here in a while because of school, but I see that a lot of people have been having some bad luck with their versa as far as natural disater damages and just things going wrong...that really sucks and I hope everyone is alright/ car is in good shape after repair. Unfortunately, I guess I have had some bad luck too...on my birthday I went to the spa and the parking lot is just designed with the worst shape/inaccessability and I managed to accidentally catch my front passenger side wheel on the curb and ate about a half inch long chunk out...I'm currently trying to sand it down/ make it less noticeable. Also, when I first got my versa it was $22 to fill up from full to empty....it took me $48 to fill her up the other day and I cringed. I'm not trying to complain but good lord I bought an econobox for a reason...summer gas prices are only going to increase...sigh. But yeah, other than that I guess things have been fine on my end. I hope everyone has a safe rest of the month. And, after experiencing a major disaster like Hurricane Katrina, I wanna give a shout out to those in Tuscaloosa after the tornados, that is very unfortunate...Good luck with everything and stay safe! See ya'll around!

Btw, the hail damage pictures are so sad, just a month ago my boyfriends sciob xB was stuck outside because the versa and his car were taking up the garage...it was awful seeing it being damaged when we could do nothing about it....he and his family lost 3 other cars from hail 3 years ago and its absolutely infuriating to repair hail damage because the vehicle is never the same again...good luck with that too!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Replaced headlights with Silverstar Ultras, really bright and I like the color, a pure white but not super blueish like HIDs...I like em. Also, added 2010 OEM grill replacing 2008.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
there is a white R34 that frequents at an awesome mexican restaurant and a red R32 that drives around on nice days...they are great to see on the road!
R34s will be fully, easily obtainable here in a couple years. I'm already shoppin! I want one to put a lot of miles on, so no GT-Rs or crazy mods. Want RB25DET or RB20NEO "economy" motor, w stick of course! imo, an R34 is one of the few cars acceptable in silver, cuz the silver shows off the shape and lines very well. But I'll take red if i can:D

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Hey all, I haven't been as active on here in a while because of school, but I see that a lot of people have been having some bad luck with their versa as far as natural disater damages and just things going wrong...that really sucks and I hope everyone is alright/ car is in good shape after repair. Unfortunately, I guess I have had some bad luck too...on my birthday I went to the spa and the parking lot is just designed with the worst shape/inaccessability and I managed to accidentally catch my front passenger side wheel on the curb and ate about a half inch long chunk out...I'm currently trying to sand it down/ make it less noticeable. Also, when I first got my versa it was $22 to fill up from full to empty....it took me $48 to fill her up the other day and I cringed. I'm not trying to complain but good lord I bought an econobox for a reason...summer gas prices are only going to increase...sigh. But yeah, other than that I guess things have been fine on my end. I hope everyone has a safe rest of the month. And, after experiencing a major disaster like Hurricane Katrina, I wanna give a shout out to those in Tuscaloosa after the tornados, that is very unfortunate...Good luck with everything and stay safe! See ya'll around!

Btw, the hail damage pictures are so sad, just a month ago my boyfriends sciob xB was stuck outside because the versa and his car were taking up the garage...it was awful seeing it being damaged when we could do nothing about it....he and his family lost 3 other cars from hail 3 years ago and its absolutely infuriating to repair hail damage because the vehicle is never the same again...good luck with that too!
Keri! It's good to hear from you! I'm glad nothing happened to your Versa during the storms. I know how you feel about gas prices. It costs us here well over $55, to fill the Versa using the cheapest regular gas you can find. It's crazy, but everyone is in the same boat. Anything new done to your Versa?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
Keri! It's good to hear from you! I'm glad nothing happened to your Versa during the storms. I know how you feel about gas prices. It costs us here well over $55, to fill the Versa using the cheapest regular gas you can find. It's crazy, but everyone is in the same boat. Anything new done to your Versa?

Haha thanks! Yeah, it's just been a while because of school. But no, unfortunately I haven't done anything too exciting since I got my seat covers because I haven't had the time. I put a decal on a few days ago but that was it. I hope to think of something to do over the summer, but I'm not sure what yet! It's good to see the forum growing though! :thumb2:

Have you done anything exciting? I saw pics of a new plate/cover and shiny emblem! They look good!

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Haha thanks! Yeah, it's just been a while because of school. But no, unfortunately I haven't done anything too exciting since I got my seat covers because I haven't had the time. I put a decal on a few days ago but that was it. I hope to think of something to do over the summer, but I'm not sure what yet! It's good to see the forum growing though! :thumb2:

Have you done anything exciting? I saw pics of a new plate/cover and shiny emblem! They look good!
Ya not too much new with my Versa either, just small mods. I don't plan to spend big bucks on anything else for her. My goal now is just to drive her and save up for a Beetle.

How are your seat covers holding up? I'd like to take mine off to wash them ... But they are on so snug, I dont really want to remove them.

·
Registered
247 Posts
No tornado damage for the Versa this go around. But Scarlett III did get her fill of Mobil one 5w-30 synthetic oil and a new purolator filter yesterday. I went 52-- miles on the last oil (0w-30 mobil one) it was mostly highway and it didn't look bad at all.
Most (not all) synthetics are rated for like 7,000- 10,000 miles, so when you change it at 5,000 its going to look good. But I do suggest to change it at around 5,000 anyway, just to be safe. I don't feel good keeping oil in my motor for 10,000 miles, even if it is Royal Purple.

I know I haven't been on here in a long time but I moved to Tuscaloosa two years ago. As you may have known Tuscaloosa, AL was destroyed by an EF-5 Tornado last Wed.

This was our second confirmed tornado in Tuscaloosa this month and another possible one on 4/20. I was lucky though, this big son of a bitch missed me by only a half mile or so, the fiances dads house was hit on the 15th Tornado and only received minor damage from this one. My place of work had slight damage and was only 200 yards from ground zero.

I've seen things that I never wish on anyone, I cant get the images out of my head. I've had nightmares since the day of the storm and it will take me a long time to be normal if I can ever be normal again.

Here are the photos I took; the first 50 or so are from right after the storm as we rush to make sure her dad is alive and everyone at my place of employment is okay. Then it's from the day after, I didn't take any pictures of dead bodies out of the respect of the dead.

Tuscaloosa tornado 4-27-11 pictures by PIMking - Photobucket

I just wanted to let the ones that I met before that I am okay, I'm going to be late on rent since my payroll check was blown away while on it's way here, but I have some food and a roof over my head so I'm okay.

Ian
I'm glad nothing was too bad for you and your family. we had the same storms you did, it hit us first. I think we had 2 confirmed tornado's in my area, one was just 10 miles or so from my house =/ I was stuck with the hubby at Domino's during the storm, we were all stuck inside because the winds were so bad we couldn't open the front door =O

As for your rent, you landlord should be very understanding that it'll be late, after all that they can't expect it on time. How long will it take to get it?

we got 600-644km in our Versa several times, mostly when we went to Texas tho because its straight highway. The average was 563km in our Versa. I had to convert these for ya'll lol the americans that don't know km 600km=372miles 563km=350miles 644km=400miles

Replaced headlights with Silverstar Ultras, really bright and I like the color, a pure white but not super blueish like HIDs...I like em. Also, added 2010 OEM grill replacing 2008.
These are good bulbs, BUT they don't last very long =/

R34s will be fully, easily obtainable here in a couple years. I'm already shoppin! I want one to put a lot of miles on, so no GT-Rs or crazy mods. Want RB25DET or RB20NEO "economy" motor, w stick of course! imo, an R34 is one of the few cars acceptable in silver, cuz the silver shows off the shape and lines very well. But I'll take red if i can:D
I would love to own a R34 here in the states =[ I love them! The R33's are nice too, I don't like the new one, the GT-R ( I really thought it was a R35, not just GT-R, lol)

There's nothing new with our Versa, We sold her April 6, 2011 (I first typed 2001 lol) with 55,151 miles on her =[ I miss it alot! I don't have any pictures from the day we sold her, but here's a few of her last pictures

We had some mods to her, but we took them out and replaced her to stock. The only mod we had to leave was tint lol These are shortly after we got her, when we tinted the windows and before the other mods.

its sad not having her, and I don't think I'm going to get another Versa unless I go used on my next car. I really don't like the new gen =[ But I want to try for a Juke ( I can haggle a good price on one, under $20k), unless im banking I'll go for a Rogue or a Altima. I can't haggle them as good as a Juke tho =/

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Gonna take her out for a drive; (off work today) ... I haven't drive her since Thursday.
Might give her a bath this evening when there is shade out front.

2001 - 2020 of 5967 Posts