Nissan Versa Forums banner

201 - 220 of 5960 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Don't understand why everyone complains about the TPMS. I have 21k miles on my V and the light has only gone off once. I just drove to the gas station and put all my tires back at 32psi and went on my merry way. The light went right off.

This light is going to save you people money. Under inflated tires equals less mpg. Also it will cause more wear on the tires resulting in needing tires quicker. I say Love the light don't hate it :).

·
Registered
567 Posts
I know I know... I just hate seeing ANY light go off on the dash. Coming from some "gently" used cars in the past, where a light could mean "AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUGH!", I'm still getting used to the V's reliability and it's caring, gentle nature. If I have to drive for a little bit with the light on, it distracts the heck out of me - which is what it's supposed to do. A minor inconvenience, but it's for my own good! :crazy:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ya, I don't want to get rid of my Versa logo, just the SL. But I'm going to wait until next summer.
Old fashioned rubbing alcohol and some water took off the sticky left behind by my logo and helped with the application of the flowers on my car.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Today I had to clean snow of the Versa for the first time this winter. I was across the border shopping in Buffalo, NY when a blizzard broke out :( Still have had no snow here where I live in Ontario, and it's December :D

·
Registered
502 Posts
Don't understand why everyone complains about the TPMS. I have 21k miles on my V and the light has only gone off once. I just drove to the gas station and put all my tires back at 32psi and went on my merry way. The light went right off.

This light is going to save you people money. Under inflated tires equals less mpg. Also it will cause more wear on the tires resulting in needing tires quicker. I say Love the light don't hate it :).
i hate it because im tired of seeing it. when i have my rims on, its eternally on :/

·
Registered
446 Posts
Sooooo, no one knows about shims?

·
Tribal V
621 Posts
today i drove it to the store at 4am. why u might ask. cuz sarah kicked me out of the bed to go get her a candy bar so here i am in my PJ looking like im homeless asking a woman at the short stop ( thats a gas stop by the way ) to sell me a candy bar tho the door cuz they where not open yet tell 5am so i gave her the money tho the door and she game me my candy bar what a great way to wake up

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got my car back from the body shop after over a month. But, it will be going back next week to fix a bunch of little detail things.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
58 degrees is freezing to where I live.
Weather from weather.com
92°F
Feels Like
102°F
and we have hotter days.
only Humidity: 55% today.

and you guys get horrible mpg's with you versa. I will be driving pretty bad and shifting pretty high and usually at least get like 300 miles. I get are 330 miles on a tank with 1 or 2 gallons left. My best tank was 400 miles with more to go.
400 miles my car was stock
330 miles with gas in tank is AEM CAI and Stillen axleback exhaust
Just wanted to share some statics cause it is interesting.
Lol, ya in the winter months I find the cold doesn't help with the mps. It usually costs me $35-$40 CDN to fill it up.
If I only do highway driving I can get over 550 kms per tank, but with the mix that I've been doing now, I get like 400-450 per tank with the cold.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
I took about 5" of snow off of my V then drove it 50 miles in the storm :). First snow storm for her and she did OK. I miss my LSD that I had in the infiniti :(. I might have to get snow tires.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Washed it. Some bird got a direct hit on my driver door handle, and I couldn't even get in till I did something about it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Swapped out the drivers' side headlight. A SilverStar Ultra that lasted approx. 1 year almost to the day. Weird. Also, put in a drivers side all-weather floor mat. I was really jacking up my factory floor mat. It constantly had snow and mud on it and it was really bothering me.

201 - 220 of 5960 Posts