Nissan Versa Forums banner

5021 - 5040 of 5966 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
got my Note back from injen on friday, final product for everyone else will be ready in approximately 3 weeks from what i was told by R&D guys. pretty good gains for just an intake from talking to R&D, approximately an 7-8whp gain in the mid to higher rpm ranges and about the same for torque. been testing it out over the last couple hundred miles to let the ECU adjust to the new airflow and gotta say i am really loving the extra power, very noticeable up at the higher RPM's where the engine seemed to struggle for air with the stock airbox and from looking at the stock setup i can see why....very restrictive especially towards the beginning of the stock air box, but now with the injen intake installed engine just seems to want to pull all the way up to redline. one very happy customer here and would recommend the intake to anyone interested in it for the Note :D
Did you get a CAI or SRI? Is there a CARB sticker on it? Another perk of an intake is the sound it adds. Not some cheap exhaust kind of sound but a throaty sound that comes from under the hood, lol. You could probably get other things for your car. Tanabe is looking around for a Nissan Note as well. That's the perks of having a new car...example the FRS. So many people found companies that were looking to R&D parts for it.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,022
I'm curious too about the intake. I took a little heat for asking for a dyno on another product on this board but here I am again. Do you have any before and after dyno plots? Pics of the item installed?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Wow. The same thing happened to me last year. Here is my pic. Almost the same as yours. I barely tapped the car in front at 5 MPH. No damage to the other car, and from the outside it just looks like the front bumper cover unhooked. Insurance paid for all repairs. This "little" bump cost $3,856.
wow exact same damge here, but I got a quote today for 1,758.33 cents on the damage. i went to the place my insurance told me to go and i have a 500.00 deductable. I'm going somewhere else to get a second opinion.

confusing, who hit who?
I rear ended a woman with no insurance and no valid drivers license.
my perfect driving record went down the hill on a simple left turn. I thought she went but nooooooooooooooooooooo she was still waiting probably talking on the phone or texting and i was clear to go but she was still there.
I guess that's why they call it an accident LOL :cheers2:

God Bless America :patriot:

·
Registered
38 Posts
wow exact same damge here, but I got a quote today for 1,758.33 cents on the damage. i went to the place my insurance told me to go and i have a 500.00 deductable. I'm going somewhere else to get a second opinion.

My quote was around $500.00 (Yes that was five HUNDRED), and I thought to just have them fix it, and I would pay the total when done since I didn't want my insurance to go up, but I decided to go through the insurance anyway. I have State Farm, and I used their mobile app to track the progress. It was in the shop for eight days. Each day I checked it the amount kept going up and up. Just from my pic you would think they could either pop it back on, or at the most replace it. When all was said and done they had to replace the bumper cover, both headlights, the actual bumper, and do a frame/fender straightening because the way the car is built it is meant to crumble under the slightest impact to protect the occupants. The actual bumper was totally destroyed, the clips for the headlights were broken off, and both fenders were bent inwards. I can see protecting the occupants, but come on, a 5 MPH bump costs 4K? The good thing is the police report filed showed no damage to the other car, and I wasn't ticketed as the driver said they were OK, and it was such a slow speed the office said the damage to my car was punishment enough (ain't that the truth). State Farm called me once the "real" estimate was done, and told me because of the police report, and my clean record, my rates wouldn't change, and they would pay 100% of the cost. Long story short get good insurance, and go through them for the smallest incident.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Did you get a CAI or SRI? Is there a CARB sticker on it? Another perk of an intake is the sound it adds. Not some cheap exhaust kind of sound but a throaty sound that comes from under the hood, lol. You could probably get other things for your car. Tanabe is looking around for a Nissan Note as well. That's the perks of having a new car...example the FRS. So many people found companies that were looking to R&D parts for it.
The intake is an sri for now as they couldn't figure out how to get the notes front fascia off and didn't want to mess up my car but yes you are right it does give it a nice throaty growl to the engine and this goes to rob but I haven't received the dyno plots from injen yet...I asked for them but they are busy with a whole bunch of other projects right now so it might take a bit to get them.also I emailed tanabe about lending my car to them but have yet to receive a response and its been over a week since I emailed them but I would be more than willing to lend them the car for research

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,029
The intake is an sri for now as they couldn't figure out how to get the notes front fascia off and didn't want to mess up my car but yes you are right it does give it a nice throaty growl to the engine and this goes to rob but I haven't received the dyno plots from injen yet...I asked for them but they are busy with a whole bunch of other projects right now so it might take a bit to get them.also I emailed tenabe about lending my car to them but have yet to receive a response and its been over a week since I emailed them but I would be more than willing to lend them the car for research
can you post a pic of it or are you sworn to secrecy until it's released?

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Finishing up the Versa's eyelids today, and possibly installing HID lights. The retrofit will hopefully be done end of October. Really hoping they turn out how I see it in my head lol.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Finishing up the Versa's eyelids today, and possibly installing HID lights. The retrofit will hopefully be done end of October. Really hoping they turn out how I see it in my head lol.
looking forward to seeing a retrofit done, i want to do one on my hatchback as well, already have it done on my SpecV

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Swapped my 18s for some recently acquired 1985 300zx stockies for upcoming winter.

5021 - 5040 of 5966 Posts