Nissan Versa Forums banner

5921 - 5940 of 5970 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took mine in for its first service today! The Nissan dealership was fantastic, and pretty much gave me my first service for free - all I bought was a new rear wiper blade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, first post!
Shortly after picking up my 08 Versa, I found a very minor annoyance with the cup holders, I was having difficulty locating the hole with my coffee mug in the dark. With the cup holders being located so far forward on the console, they are virtually under the dash where there is no illumination. I solved this by getting one of those tiny roof mounted lamps that shine dim light down on the console and I mounted it into the plastic panel directly above the cup holders. I drilled a tiny hole through the panel and glued the lamp on the inside with the bulb over the hole, I used the heater control illumination wires as the power source. I now have illumination for the cup holders.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Thats great. My other 2 hondas have their own setup like that. My odyssey has an amber led and my insight had a blue led to illuminate that area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone. I infact took my ride nissan tiida 2008 & did a auto gear full oil change. the old oil was dirty & smelly as hell as also the car was not smooth in its gears. the mechanic opened the plate/cover on the bottom of the car which it had like 100 Screws/nuts ;-) then came the gear filter. he gave time for all the gear oil to drain in an empty large pan we left the car like that for an hour or so all drops of oil dripping slowly. then he washed the oil filter & the place from where the oil was dripping with petrol. then he re-instaleld the filter & the cover/lid. lowered the car & 4 Litres of oil that i purchased through nissan called Nissan ATF 4-matic Oil was empties in the place where the gear oil dipstick goes he ised some kind of platic tuve/funnel to channel all the oil. The new oil was red & transparent. Brought the car back ridiing smoothly. This job cost me with oil & service charges a total of 155 DHS. or 43 US $ ;-) sweet !!!

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Great to hear. Ive always said all automatic cars have an internal filter that replacing will increase drivability along with the fluid, but people say Im full of doo-doo. :grin

Looking at rockauto it seems some cars have 2 filters. Me, I like to flush the cooler as well as a lot of crap can settle in that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got my 2016 Versa Note Hatch last week and took it for a spin to visit family in NJ.

First tank of gas, from Fairfax, VA to Baltimore averaged 48.6 mpg - cool morning, so I did not have the AC on and I was using hypermiling driving techniques. By the time I got to New Brunswick, NJ I averaged 46.1 mpg.

Tooled around town for a bit. Next morning took at trip to NYC and on to Flemington NJ. That's when I had to fill the tank with 9.3 gallons of gas. The MPG before fillup was 42.1 mpg.

Coming home, I was in a hurry and it was late night, so few cars and everyone doing between 70 and 80 mph. Also a warm,humid evening, so the AC was on most of the time. Got home at 1 AM and next day ran some errands before adding 6.8 gallons of gas and averaging 40.61 mpg.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Took the previous owners AVS vent shades off, they were installed wrong and bad wind noise.

And put these aerodynamic vent visors on. I love how they look one piece front to back. They have black chrome trim molding made into the top edge.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Washed the wifey's versa and we recently added another nissan to the family a 2015 altima s. Does anyone know any forums I can sign up on for it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Transmission Fluid Change

Hey all,
This is my first post here on the forums. Today I did a transmission drain and fill on our 2008 Versa automatic 4 speed with 180k miles. First time it's been done at least since we got that car at 106k miles, and who knows before that. The fluid was quite dark, almost black. Drove it for a few miles afterwards and my wife and I both could tell immediately that it was shifting smoother. Just FYI for anyone else doing it, I drained just a tad bit under 4 quarts.

I know almost nothing about cars, but I am learning. My brother-in-law taught me how to change the engine oil a few weeks ago too. I couldn't have done the transmission fluid today without the help of all of you on the forum and the excellent write-ups. At first I thought I had a CVT, so I was all ready to order some CVT fluid when I learned that I had a 4 speed (also thanks to all of you).

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wrapped the Grill and part of the bumper in Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2ii8myw.jpg[/IMG

Eventually, the goal is to wrap the entire car in green chrome!

Can anyone recommend a free photo sharing site that you can embed pictures on this forum rather than links???

sorry I can't get pictures to work on this forum

·
Registered
9 Posts
Two weekends ago I changed out the fuel pump and oil & filter change. This weekend I replaced the spark plugs, transmission drain & fill, air filter, wiper blades and put in my first ever dose of Red Line fuel system cleaner.
2010 Versa HB 1.8 161,400 miles

·
Registered
12 Posts
It was a dark and stormy night. Slippery road, deep ditch with a lot of water. Newly licensed driver. No injuries. See picture 1.

When you're 16, and responsible, and full of energy, all things are possible. It helps if Grandpa kicks in $350 for parts... See picture 2.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys!

New member and new owner of a 2019 Versa SV special edition! This is our 2nd versa, we have 2013 Versa SV and that little car is still going strong!
I made some big changes, I traded in my Silverado lol! Heres a picture of my ride! LOVING THE MPG!

Any upgrades yall recommend? definitely getting the windows tinted, head unit is great no need to change that imo. maybe speakers and possibly a chrome delete?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Workaholic

Holy shit I haven't been on here in a while lol. Replaced my hella sharptones with supertones today for the black center color (sharptones are blue). Painted the bezels white, added a yellow 3000k fog light bar to the bumper, fixed the wiring with the running/signal lights around the fogs (made new 4-pin quick connects and created new harnesses with flex tubing and electrical tape + heat gun solder butt connectors so it's tight). Debadged the front grille (had a nismo eblem there before) and installed the OEM bumper-mounted license plate holder I had sitting around for 4 years. Cut the back side a bit so it could mount off to the right + added rubber edge trim to the back so it sits flush, no gap and doesn't damage the paint. Stainless steel 10mm (13mm width) rivet nuts in the mount holes for my 4-point UltraRacing strut tower bar in the engine bay so I no longer have to remove my front wheels/tires when taking it off. Also installed a brand new battery and new (shorter) stainless steel splitter rods up front for a cleaner look.

Bought a pair of power mirrors from a wrecked 2017 sedan this week from a junkyard in Ohio, planning to paint them white and install after I figure out the wiring. The donor car they were taken from was metallic grey.

Also found out last week that the guy in Indianapolis I bought my J2 cat back exhaust from was a long-time member here in the forums and one of the FIRST to use BC coilovers on his sedan. I was pretty stoked to find that out. Shoutout to @dude baker you're an awesome guy.

BUSY DAY, BUSY WEEK. :nerd:

College starts up again this Monday for me. It snowed today so I've been working in the cold in my garage...nothing but a space heater. BRRRRRR, got 5.5" yesterday.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
basically to the date I only did maintenance stuff...I bought it used in 2016 and it was in great shape but missing soooo many goodies...

So, apart from the maintenance (alignment and regular bodyshop work at the intervals set by the maintenance booklet every 3750 miles with engine oil and filter change plus multipoint inspection)

I (by myself with a little Puerto Rican friend's help) replaced:

-battery (got the walmart one)
-serpentine engine belt
-both lower control arms
-brake pads
-tires
-brake fluid, coolant fluid (all Nissan OEM fluids)
-OEM radiator valve

and I added:

-custom made glove box LED light (I turn it on with the parking lights)
-foglights LED with right OEM turn signal lever replacement
-headlights and parking lights LED
-interior LED lights (dome and trunk)
-keyfob by enabling the BCM at the dealership
-OEM all season floor mats (with VERSA logo)
-WeatherTech cup holders
-Nissan roadside emergency kit, Nissan first aid kit and Family Clean up Kit (I'm not crazy, I've got a bargain for all 3)

what I'm planning to do in the near future:

-add the OEM Versa cargo organizer...as soon as I can find the right one at the fair price..
-add the OEM interior accent LED lights (these go under the pedals and the glove box, and in the cup holders)
-add OEM kickplates, front and rear
-add aftermarket Cruise Control (next Fall)

I'd also like to add a map light...but I can't find the right way to do it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Installed a back up camera, nismo aluminum pedals, replaced 2ohm factory speakers with Vegas today.

Yesterday I put in a short ram intake, installed a bt microphone bc i couldn't get the OEM mic to work, installed an HDMI Wi-Fi mirror screen adaptor on the back of my AVH-4100NEX stereo and a parking bypass so my passengers can watch Netflix and Hulu on the hwy.

Last week I swapped Speedometers and center panels with a totalled SL note on eBay. Put in twin sport horns. Also Helped my friend install fog lights on his S model versa.

Tomorrow I'll be installing a steering wheel from a 2019 Maxima I bought off eBay I'm hoping I don't need to change the clocksprings and they'll match up as well. Lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
and I added:

-custom made glove box LED light (I turn it on with the parking lights)
-foglights LED with right OEM turn signal lever replacement
-headlights and parking lights LED
-interior LED lights (dome and trunk)
-keyfob by enabling the BCM at the dealership
-OEM all season floor mats (with VERSA logo)
-WeatherTech cup holders
-Nissan roadside emergency kit, Nissan first aid kit and Family Clean up Kit (I'm not crazy, I've got a bargain for all 3)

what I'm planning to do in the near future:

-add the OEM Versa cargo organizer...as soon as I can find the right one at the fair price..
-add the OEM interior accent LED lights (these go under the pedals and the glove box, and in the cup holders)
-add OEM kickplates, front and rear
-add aftermarket Cruise Control (next Fall)

I'd also like to add a map light...but I can't find the right way to do it.
The Glove box light is a good idea!

I'm going to be swapping steering wheels this week with one from a 19 Maxima and hoping I can get the pins for the cruise control in the right place. Nissan is notorious for not coughing up wiring diagrams. I tried to get info on the speedometer from the SL note I swapped, no luck on getting anything, i made my own diagram. Every thing works except my interior lights stopped coming on with my head lights i think its the illumination wire.
When I figure out the CC I'll post wiring diagram info if it helps....

How did you get the dealership to enable your BCM to accept key fobs?

5921 - 5940 of 5970 Posts