Nissan Versa Forums banner

5941 - 5960 of 5970 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Glove box light is a good idea!

I'm going to be swapping steering wheels this week with one from a 19 Maxima and hoping I can get the pins for the cruise control in the right place. Nissan is notorious for not coughing up wiring diagrams. I tried to get info on the speedometer from the SL note I swapped, no luck on getting anything, i made my own diagram. Every thing works except my interior lights stopped coming on with my head lights i think its the illumination wire.
When I figure out the CC I'll post wiring diagram info if it helps....

How did you get the dealership to enable your BCM to accept key fobs?

Do you have already factory Cruise control in your Versa?

The glove box light was indeed very easy to accomplish, I might try to add a switch so it turns on only when the lid is opened. But even like this it's ok, a led light is very low powered.

To get the BCM enabled follow this solution that I posted a few days ago.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Reprogrammed transmission to turn L to S mode. Installed '18 Maxima steering wheel. About to install paddle shifters. Airbag was from a '16 and wont fit, so im back to the basics for now until the heated 16 wheel comes in the mail. It's plug and play btw guys if anyone is thinking of swapping the soccer dad steering wheel out. Just need a bypass resistor for the second airbag

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello,

I had to replace the clock spring in my Versa...nothing too hard to do.

Only thing is, as you are all aware I'm sure, attached to the clock spring there is the SAS (Steering angle sensor), and I had to unscrew that sensor in order to assemble it to the new clock spring. It's just three little screws and the white connector that attaches to it.

Now, after assembling everything back, I had the traction control light steady on in my cluster.

Car runs fine....do you think it might be that the sensor needs to be reset by the dealer?

thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
it's a 2012.

I guess it's the SAS sensor...it usually goes off when you touch something like that.

that sensor is the one that tells the car if you are going straight or not, so if it the clockspring has been replaced it might need to be reset.

did you change the clockspring?

I'll go tuesday to my dealer...the reset is free.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Installed today the 999F3-4U000 genuine accent lights under the driver and passenger footwells, plus the front cupholders.

They look very good, installation took like 2.5 hours and it's not too hard...just takes a little time.

I'll post some pictures later (but can you google the result if you want in the meantime).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Added a Nissan Maxima Steering Wheel. As far as I know I am the first to do this. I also put a dongle on the back of the stereo to watch YouTube or HBO netflix or amazon on my steroe, tomorrow I'll be adding an internal inverter and power port and switching my positive wiring on the 12 volt cigarette power from acc on to constant on. My phone wont charge in m car while it Is off right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I Bought a used airbag on ebay after I filed the insurance claim and got reimbursed for the storage unit theft. I talked to the police they said it was an unmarked white van they broke into 4 other units that night. I keep calling to see if they caught the people because if you've ever dealt with a theft case before, the police will rarely let you know they have your stuff in their evidence. I'm not sure if USAA is entitled to my stuff that was stolen if it's recovered though? I'm pretty sure I didn't file for everything, only what I noticed so I'm still pretty hurt about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bought new tires. The Continental ProContact tires that came with the car new SUCKED. They were so freekin noisy. They only had 5k miles on them but I am SO happy to have Toyo Ultra Z900 tires now. It's like having a new car. Felt like I was driving a truck with snow tires and now it's quiet. Yay :^) Best thing I ever did for my car. (Second best was replacing the sound system with a great one from Crutchfield.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Last week was a busy week! Here is my new parts list I installed myself, have been working on a friend's Honda Fit repairing it after a front end collision so much of my time with the Versa has been delayed.

- Sparco diamond plate aluminum race pedals (makes for easier downshifting, gas pedal has a lip on the left side. Swinging my foot in the foot well won't work as it's too tight and I hit the center console. These pedals did the job VERY well)

- New official NISSAN in-channel window visors from Nissanraceshop.com

- Trimmed rear of bumper to start making room for a custom rear diffuser I'll be working on alongside the engine swap

- Touched up my front grille, tightened the ABS honeycomb mesh. Paint stripped the OEM bezel and repainted it the car color (Nissan Super Black - KH3) to match the car

- Bought a full Morimoto Mini H1 retrofit kit, new ballasts, HID bulbs, mini gatling gun black shrouds, retro rubber, H4 harness, and accent lighting to start work on the headlight retrofit next month

Hoping to finally have a bank loan lined up for the SR20 engine I've been eyeing this summer, as well as BC BR coilovers. I still have my old springs given to me by @dude baker , it's time to finally actually lower this car.

Gonna be a busy summer 2019!

Have Facebook? Search for "Nissan Versa Modified" in groups, you'll find us! We'd love to have you as another member.

I use my forum account here as much as I can, but most of the traffic and new content is on Facebook now. Come join us!

-Douglas

Sent from my uleFone Armor_3T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Put an SL console in my '09. Was an easy 20 minute job.
Took longer to clean it before installing lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had a bad ass grinding noise coming from front passenger side. Suspected wheel bearing, changed wheel bearing, sound still there.
WTF, now I find out that for some reason if the sound seems to be coming from the left then it is the right bearing that’s bad. Oh well live and learn, I’m passing this on to you.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Had a bad ass grinding noise coming from front passenger side. Suspected wheel bearing, changed wheel bearing, sound still there.
WTF, now I find out that for some reason if the sound seems to be coming from the left then it is the right bearing that’s bad. Oh well live and learn, I’m passing this on to you.
I feel for ya there!

Been down that road before. Had one so tricky to identify on a Hyundai years ago it took a very seasoned tech some miles and different driving to figure out what corner it actually was. He got it. I thought it was the other side.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just finished installing a SL interior and leather steering wheel.

Next up are features I have on my Saab.
Auto dimming mirror with compass and thermometer
Tint the hatch and rear doors
AM/FM/XM with navigation

·
Registered
192 Posts
Added tweeters,
Steering wheel controls,
Auto dimming mirror with Homelink and compass.

I used factory wiring for the tweeters, as I found where they mount in the harness.
Made harnesses for the steering wheel controls and mirror.

The car is pretty much an SL without the CVT problems.

5941 - 5960 of 5970 Posts