·
Registered
10 Posts
Drive a 5-speed 2015 Versa Note S:
  • Imported 2016 Note ePower Taillights
  • Replaced stock instrument cluster with a 2017 Versa cluster
  • Installed Tanabe front strut tower bar
  • Installed 5-speed Subaru Cobb shift knob
Things already done: windows tinted, installed an Evil Energy 2" in / 3" out exhaust from Amazon, replaced my stock rear bumper with the SR style bumper, debadged my car, replaced the front grille with the mesh SR grille, installed Vogtland lowering springs (and chopped an inch or two off of the front springs for a more even look), installed an HPS short ram intake, replaced all bulbs with LED's (minus headlights because I'm not a d*ck with reflector housings), new rims / tires, painted the break calipers turquoise, and put on universal Rally Armor mudflaps. I may have done more, but that's all off the top of my head.

Minor things to note -- ePower taillights are gorgeous, however the stock bulbs and wiring harness won't work (blinker bulbs are the same, reverse bulbs are different, and I'm not sure about the rest). For the Cobb shift knob it doesn't fit right out of the box; you'll either need to thread your shifter or just (gently) pound it on there, but keep in mind the stock shift boot is a) too short to reach b) too large of an opening to properly fit, so you may need to get an aftermarket shift boot (which I'm ordering). The cluster swap is GORGEOUS and is easy plug-n-play... however there are some major caveats -- first of all you can't switch through the sub-displays (such as avg MPG, current MPG, etc. -- it's left on the default which is current MPG) because in the SR you control that with a steering wheel button which the S doesn't have, so the only thing you can change is the brightness; regardless it still shows current MPG, odometer, and trips A / B which is enough for me. Another thing, despite being digital the mileage is stored in the cluster -- so the mileage displayed will be incorrect. Despite being plug-n-play, it doesn't fit perfectly so there will be small spots of open space that will bug some people if they're OCD. Lastly (and definitely the worst), when you turn your running lights / headlights on, your interior lights that would normally light up (A/C dials, steering wheel buttons, etc.) will not turn on -- and to make things worse the stock head unit dims (it remains on, but the orange illuminating light goes out, so the only light in the cabin is from the cluster (and overhead lights obviously). This is something I'm going to work on and if I find a way to fix this I'll post it in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
In regards to my prior post, here's some pictures of stuff mentioned but not shown (i.e. Versa Note SR front grille, turquoise brake calipers, mud flaps, cheap Evil Energy universal exhaust (which honestly sounds incredible -- no droning at high RPMs, doesn't sound tin-y or rice-y -- definitely the best cheap universal exhaust in my opinion), realistically what the Cobb shift knob looks like with the stock shift boot, and lastly my issue with the interior lights turning off / not turning on with the new cluster.

Displayed here is two pictures of the new cluster: first with the headlights off, then with the headlights on. If anyone has any idea as to why none of the front lights (steering wheel, A/C, head unit, etc) come on with this new cluster I would love some assistance. Also, notice how the only interior change with the headlights turned on is the head unit display dimming.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Look in the IPDM fuse box under the hood. Replace the fuse marked tail lights.
At least that is what it is on the 1st gen V's.

The cluster absolutely MUST come out of a car with identical options (auto/auto, cvt/cvt, manual/manual, sedan/sedan, Note/Note), otherwise you will have problems.
I just did a swap on my 09. I looked at wiring in service manuals to make sure I wouldn't have any issues.
Found an 11 and works perfectly. Did send out the cluster to have the odometer corrected before I put it in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Appreciate the reply. As far as taillights, they work perfectly -- I just worded my post very poorly. The stock wiring harness will not work, so I ordered the ePower wiring harness / bulbs with the taillights and everything works flawlessly; my fault for not clarifying.

And yeah, I figured so on the odometer -- currently everything works flawlessly on it, it just makes other things not work flawlessly lol Like my interior lighting when headlights are on. The I thought the wiring was the same (minus the obvious steering wheel button that changes the mini display), but clearly I was wrong. Again I'm sure there's a work around, it's just gonna take some tinkering to figure it out.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I do not know if it changed between generations, but the fuse on gen. 1 labeled Tail Light also is the fuse for the dash lights as well.
Regardless, the fuse will be in the IPDM which is under the hood.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, if you were talking about 4 Oct 19, I was getting rear-ended in my 2014 Versa Note by a girl talking on her phone while sitting at a traffic light

5961 - 5966 of 5966 Posts