Nissan Versa Forums banner

6001 - 6020 of 6068 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
did you also have to buy the airbag?
Bought it all together.
The only other mod I did was to put the Versa airbag igniter on the Altima airbag, as I know that igniter has been replaced by recall.

·
Registered
377 Posts
nice!
I'm actually looking a versa leather Steering Wheel myself,but are hard to find nowadays... do you still have your old one?
Don't limit yourself to the Versa leather wheel. Look at the Maxima/Quest/Murano wheel as well That wheel is in quite a few Nissan/Infinity vehicles.
Would have gone after that if I didn't find the Altima wheel.
Yes I still have the old one. Gonna hold onto it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Don't limit yourself to the Versa leather wheel. Look at the Maxima/Quest/Murano wheel as well That wheel is in quite a few Nissan/Infinity vehicles.
Would have gone after that if I didn't find the Altima wheel.
Yes I still have the old one. Gonna hold onto it.
I looked into it but essentially I would prefer to have the exact same wheel, just with leather.
If you happen to find one let me know :)
thanks!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I saw one at LKQ Pick-A-Part in Blue Island, IL this morning. Still had the airbag too.
Look at www.car-part.com. You WILL find one there.
One thing I don't like about the leather Versa wheel is it is thinner than the standard wheel.
The Altima one is the same thickness as the standard wheel.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I saw one at LKQ Pick-A-Part in Blue Island, IL this morning. Still had the airbag too.
Look at www.car-part.com. You WILL find one there.
One thing I don't like about the leather Versa wheel is it is thinner than the standard wheel.
The Altima one is the same thickness as the standard wheel.
I usually check that website too.
Now I'm looking at LKQ and see what I can find.

I'd like to ask you something: do you think our versas are prewired for heated mirrors? I know you have to add the 10A fuse and the blue relay.
Apart from that, do you only need the heated glasses to pop in the mirror covers? What do you think?

·
Registered
377 Posts
No, I don't believe they are. I pulled a main harness once, and saw no evidence of wiring to/from fuse block, or to the door harnesses.

Reactions: Ecate

·
Registered
150 Posts
I believe you have a 2009, while I have a 2012 and I know that my model was prewired for something.
In the fuse block under the dash I saw there is wire coming out from the back of the white relay plug.
Could you check if yours is the same? When you have the time :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yup, I have it too. FSM says it is for heated mirrors. How much of it is wired is the question.
If I get bored during the next week or 2, I might run to the pull-a-part and rip a Versa dash out to see how much is wired, and how it is wired.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Knowing this will help with my wanting to fit door mirrors from a Toyota, Mazda, or Honda onto the Versa.
Thinking of adding mirrors with turn signals built in, and now heated.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Knowing this will help with my wanting to fit door mirrors from a Toyota, Mazda, or Honda onto the Versa.
Thinking of adding mirrors with turn signals built in, and now heated.
That would be nice too.
On Amazon I found replacement heated glasses that are a perfect fit for a Versa HB.
It would be nice if it was prewired and all you had to do was add fuse and relay.
Let me know what you find out :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just need the relay. The 10 amp fuse is already there, at least on my car it is.
My guess is that it is prewired up to connectors D4 and D107, with no wiring past that point.
D4 and D107 is where the wiring from the mirrors plug into the main harmess.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Versa S sedan
40 Posts
Got Raven back up and running, new dash installed, new PowerStop calipers, new König 17x9 Hypergram wheels and Nankang tires, etc.

Went to start her up for a final check and threw a P0304 code (cylinder #4 misfire). Gonna sort that out this week, and replace all the ignition coils with new NGK ones. #4 is still exposed after the intake manifold is installed, so that's likely my issue.

Just small stuff for now. Trying to clear out my garage so I can start restoration work on the Pulsar parts I have in storage.

Sent from my Samsung S10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
That would be nice too.
On Amazon I found replacement heated glasses that are a perfect fit for a Versa HB.
It would be nice if it was prewired and all you had to do was add fuse and relay.
Let me know what you find out :)
Found on Aliexpress full heated mirror assemblies for about $50 each. Just need to paint them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just need the relay. The 10 amp fuse is already there, at least on my car it is.
My guess is that it is prewired up to connectors D4 and D107, with no wiring past that point.
D4 and D107 is where the wiring from the mirrors plug into the main harmess.
that mighty be likely, of course if you have a chance to tear apart when you go to the junkyard we would know for sure.
If it’s wired to those 2 connectors we should be able to add wiring manually, right?
Just like the speed sensor wire from the meter to the radio.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Little update on this.

To find out if we are wired for heated mirror there is no need to tear apart the door trim, essentially we just need to unbolt the mirror from the body.
Once done this we just need to take a look at the harness (might be wrapped with insulation). D4 and D107 are brown with 8 pins each, for heated mirrors it's pin number 1 (power) and pin number 5 (ground). Pins 6-7-8 are for the up/down/left/right.

So I would say that if we have 5 wires in that harness we are wired.

6001 - 6020 of 6068 Posts