Nissan Versa Forums banner

6021 - 6040 of 6068 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I did manage to track down a relay part #. It is 25230 9F920. I have oly seen overseas sellers for this number.

A few others to look at. All will begin with 25230
79917 alot of numbers superceded to this one

Did some digging. Very popular relay.
  • Genuine:
     Parts
  • SKU:25230-79917
  • Positions:Front
  • Other Names:Tow Hitch Harness Relay, Window Relay, Fuel Pump Relay, HVAC Blower Motor Relay, Horn Relay, Power Relay, Starter Relay, Accessory Power Relay, Fog Light Relay, Headlight Relay,
  • Description:Sentra, 200SX. Pathfinder. Frontier. Murano. Altima. Maxima. Xterra. 350Z. Cube. 370Z. GT-R. Ac. Coupe. Transfer case. Under hood, anti-skid. Under hood, stop lamp. Under hood, cargo lamp. Engine compartment, abs. Under hood, turn signal. Engine room, heated seat. Instrument panel, type 1. Engine compartment, wiper. Instrument panel, lighting. Instrument panel, room lamp. Engine compartment, fog lamp. Instrument panel, matsushita. Under hood, trailer tow lamp. Engine compartment, shift lock. Engine compartment, seat heater. Engine compartment, cooling fan. Engine compartment, reverse lamp. Engine compartment, cruise control. Engine compartment, light, panasonic. Engine compartment, daytime run lamp. Fuse & relay components, front compartment, light. Engine compartment, engine room harness, starter.

Note: All hitches require additional relay to be ordered with hitch

Required with Trailer Tow Harness - see Trailer Tow Harness Installation Instruction

• Replaces:25230-79915, 25230-79944, 25230-79945, 25230-79965, 25320-79915
  • Install Time:Under 1 hour

·
Registered
150 Posts
I did manage to track down a relay part #. It is 25230 9F920. I have oly seen overseas sellers for this number.

A few others to look at. All will begin with 25230
79917 alot of numbers superceded to this one

Did some digging. Very popular relay.
  • Genuine:
     Parts
  • SKU:25230-79917
  • Positions:Front
  • Other Names:Tow Hitch Harness Relay, Window Relay, Fuel Pump Relay, HVAC Blower Motor Relay, Horn Relay, Power Relay, Starter Relay, Accessory Power Relay, Fog Light Relay, Headlight Relay,
  • Description:Sentra, 200SX. Pathfinder. Frontier. Murano. Altima. Maxima. Xterra. 350Z. Cube. 370Z. GT-R. Ac. Coupe. Transfer case. Under hood, anti-skid. Under hood, stop lamp. Under hood, cargo lamp. Engine compartment, abs. Under hood, turn signal. Engine room, heated seat. Instrument panel, type 1. Engine compartment, wiper. Instrument panel, lighting. Instrument panel, room lamp. Engine compartment, fog lamp. Instrument panel, matsushita. Under hood, trailer tow lamp. Engine compartment, shift lock. Engine compartment, seat heater. Engine compartment, cooling fan. Engine compartment, reverse lamp. Engine compartment, cruise control. Engine compartment, light, panasonic. Engine compartment, daytime run lamp. Fuse & relay components, front compartment, light. Engine compartment, engine room harness, starter.

Note: All hitches require additional relay to be ordered with hitch

Required with Trailer Tow Harness - see Trailer Tow Harness Installation Instruction

• Replaces:25230-79915, 25230-79944, 25230-79945, 25230-79965, 25320-79915
  • Install Time:Under 1 hour
Yes, it’s the blue one. I tracked it down using the service manual, it shows the “pattern” of the relay and it’s exactly like the blue one.
I found it cheap on eBay, how much do you think it would cost at a junkyard?

·
Registered
377 Posts
CONFIRMED!!!!!
Most Gen 1 Versas ARE pre-wired for heated mirrors.

To make sure your car is pre-wired, pull door panel and vapor barrier. Look for BROWN connector.
This pic is from a boneyard 2009 that is identical down to color to mine.....prior to my upgrades.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yes.
All U.S. spec Versas had 3 wire mirrors, as heated mirrors were not an option here.
Canada spec Versas had the 5 wire heated mirror option.

The reason our cars are pre-wired is cost. It would cost Nissan alot to have different wire harnesses for different countries, not to mention sequencing them on the assembly line.

Also got a relay for it. Cost......$0.00!

Reactions: Ecate

·
Registered
150 Posts
exactly, it's cheaper to use the same wiring everywhere and then just have the specific parts for specific options.

I'll buy the relay for now, as soon as I am able to go to Canada I'll look for mirrors...are heated mirrors standard in Canada, just like the block heater?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I believe they were an option, but not certain.
Been looking at car-part for them. The problem is finding a recycler that will ship to the U.S.
Aliexpress has them for about $50 each. They need to be painted tho.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You could also buy them and take the actuator and harness out from the case, then put in on yours, right? Also from aliexpress you need to pay shipping and i think it’s quite high.
I’ll look for them when in Canada.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I believe they were an option, but not certain.
Been looking at car-part for them. The problem is finding a recycler that will ship to the U.S.
Aliexpress has them for about $50 each. They need to be painted tho.
Keith, just your opinion on this.
I found a 2008 Versa leather steering wheel. Called the junkyard and they say it's a different steering wheel and won't fit etc etc on a 2012.
What are they talking about? I saw pictures online of that stock car and it's obviously the same wheel.
What do you think?
thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
Keith, just your opinion on this.
I found a 2008 Versa leather steering wheel. Called the junkyard and they say it's a different steering wheel and won't fit etc etc on a 2012.
What are they talking about? I saw pictures online of that stock car and it's obviously the same wheel.
What do you think?
thanks
It is the same wheel. The only difference is the backlight color on the switches. 07-09 is that kind of pee yellow and 10-12 is orange.
The switches are also replaceable. Pull the plastic shroud off the back of the wheel and there are screws to pull the switches.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It is the same wheel. The only difference is the backlight color on the switches. 07-09 is that kind of pee yellow and 10-12 is orange.
The switches are also replaceable. Pull the plastic shroud off the back of the wheel and there are screws to pull the switches.
thanks
I'm going to ask him if by "different" he means that is not the wheel on the pictures online...

I will replace the switches with the mine.

thanks!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
You could also buy them and take the actuator and harness out from the case, then put in on yours, right? Also from aliexpress you need to pay shipping and i think it’s quite high.
I’ll look for them when in Canada.
Either way, I will have to repaint mine, unless I find some black ones in excellent condition.
My car suffers from the crappy clear coat that is peeling on all of the hard plastic parts.
So I have to refinish the mirrors, hatch pull, and door handles, unless I replace those with chrome handles from a Murano, Quest etc.

6021 - 6040 of 6068 Posts