·
Registered
420 Posts
Why would you repaint the wheel?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Why would you repaint the wheel?
LOL, when you wrote " I have to repaint mine" I thought you were talking about the wheel and you were talking about the mirrors :D

sorry!!

You know what? I have some static when I turn on the led lights and my radio gets poor coverage when already in a weak area.
I'll try with some ferrite chokes...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Poor quality LED controller if it only happens when they are on, or are not properly grounded.
The 2 main ground points are behind insterment cluster, and behind and above the glovebox. they are just threaded posts.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Poor quality LED controller if it only happens when they are on, or are not properly grounded.
The 2 main ground points are behind insterment cluster, and behind and above the glovebox. they are just threaded posts.
yes, it only happens when they are on and only when reception in already bad.
If I am in an area with good reception I don't notice it.

I think ground is OK, I checked that a few days ago and I didn't see any poor grounding.
Do you think these chokes would help?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I can't say for sure. I have had poorly built electronics completely obliterate radio signals before. Had to junk them and get good stuff to eliminate interference.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I can't say for sure. I have had poorly built electronics completely obliterate radio signals before. Had to junk them and get good stuff to eliminate interference.
Yeah, it’s worth giving it a try...these are very cheap.
If not I’ll start replacing with better lights.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It is the same wheel. The only difference is the backlight color on the switches. 07-09 is that kind of pee yellow and 10-12 is orange.
The switches are also replaceable. Pull the plastic shroud off the back of the wheel and there are screws to pull the switches.
I swapped the wheel yesterday, behind my old one I found this....the dealer put it there during the recall I guess.
I kept it.

Keith, when you have a second can you check your private conversations? I need to ask for your advice on a more technical issue :)

thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have seen that on every Versa wheel I have pulled airbags off of.

Reactions: Ecate

·
Registered
167 Posts
the 2008 versa I've got the wheel from didn't have it, but I swapped it and kept it anyway...if it's there it must mean something.

·
Registered
2014 Versa Note S Plus
164 Posts
The tanks supposedly has a 13.2 gallon capacity, but the most gas i've ever put in there was ~11.5 gallons. I guess theres always supposed to be a little extra sloshing around in the tank to cool the fuel pump so it doesn't overheat.

So gas light comes on with a couple gallons left so that the pump wont overheat if you drive it too hard. Also, it makes sure all the gramma and grampas driving versas have plenty of time to remember to fill up. haha
It'd be nice if the Versa Note had a 13.2 gallon gas tank. I love my Versa Note but the 10.9 gallon gas tank is so annoying. Have to fill up so frequently. Makes me miss my old Accord; that thing drove all the way from Huntington Beach to Berkeley and then to San Jose with 1/3 a tank to spare. Near-40 MPG and a 17 gallon gas tank for a 2003 Accord. That was an awesome car.

I looked into swapping out the stock gas tank for a bigger gas tank but from what I found on the internet and on YouTube, I'd need to have the new, bigger gas tank custom-made to fit the car. Not worth the money or the effort. Too bad since I was hoping someone was already mass-producing them affordably.

·
Registered
420 Posts
It'd be nice if the Versa Note had a 13.2 gallon gas tank. I love my Versa Note but the 10.9 gallon gas tank is so annoying. Have to fill up so frequently. Makes me miss my old Accord; that thing drove all the way from Huntington Beach to Berkeley and then to San Jose with 1/3 a tank to spare. Near-40 MPG and a 17 gallon gas tank for a 2003 Accord. That was an awesome car.

I looked into swapping out the stock gas tank for a bigger gas tank but from what I found on the internet and on YouTube, I'd need to have the new, bigger gas tank custom-made to fit the car. Not worth the money or the effort. Too bad since I was hoping someone was already mass-producing them affordably.
The tank from say a Sentra or maybe an Altima wouldn't fit?

·
Registered
420 Posts
What did I do to my Versa today? Got rid of the sun faded 09 grille and put a 12 hatch grille on.

Running out of stuff I can do to the car!

Reactions: versa_gtir

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Versa S sedan
40 Posts
What did I do to my Versa today? Got rid of the sun faded 09 grille and put a 12 hatch grille on.

The sky is the limit! Though I agree that if you're referring to compatible OEM parts that can be upgraded, the list isn't very long.

What did I do today?
Washed mine and my gf's Versa, and ordered a new aftermarket LED 3rd brake light for Raven so I can remove the OEM light for more room on the rear dashboard. It might be a while before it arrives, with shipping from China and the Covid-19 shipping delays. I'm keeping the OEM flasher module installed in the trunk for the 3rd brake light, so I had to go with one that didn't have its own flasher relay.

I still need to do a tune-up, new plugs and coils on Raven after a P0304 (cyl #4) misfire last week. Been debating either throwing more $$ into the HR16DE (already at 100k miles, slight lifter tick already present) to fix this issue for now, or setting the Versa off to the side for now to put focus on its SR20 swap, while getting to work on our other vehicles.

Sent from my Samsung S10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts

apart from the heated mirrors in the future, I’ll probably wire in two illuminated sunvisors from a 2007 versa SL.

The other thing you could do is to go find the OEM subwoofer that goes in the trunk.
It’s wired to the radio, at least the 6CD charger one has the sub out. I’m not sure about the nav unit.
If you do that you’ll have to change the lower truck finisher (I think you could find everything in the same car).
so you would have the complete audio set :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
apart from the heated mirrors in the future, I’ll probably wire in two illuminated sunvisors from a 2007 versa SL.

The other thing you could do is to go find the OEM subwoofer that goes in the trunk.
It’s wired to the radio, at least the 6CD charger one has the sub out. I’m not sure about the nav unit.
If you do that you’ll have to change the lower truck finisher (I think you could find everything in the same car).
so you would have the complete audio set :D
Illuminated sunvisors are on the list. May not be from an SL though....

Finding a Versa sub has always been a challenge, as there were so few of them to start with. I would have better luck adapting one from a different Nissan/Infinity.
It would probably be one that sits in the spare tire, or the Cube one that sits in the hatch itsself.
My nav unit is set up for both sub AND a backup camera. With all the wiring involved with that, it would be something I did when I find both sub and camera.

My big research project right now is seeing how to add anti-pinch(express up/down) from either an Altima or Maxima to the other doors.

·
Registered
420 Posts
If the illumination is key on, I would also add the auto dimming mirror with compass and homelink from an Altima, as it is very easy to tie that into the wiring under the headliner.

Reactions: Ecate

·
Registered
167 Posts
If the illumination is key on, I would also add the auto dimming mirror with compass and homelink from an Altima, as it is very easy to tie that into the wiring under the headliner.
I've already done it following your suggestion but I found the installation easier. I followed the instruction that are available at nissan tech info.com and I only had to wire two wires: one to the bcm (tapping wire number 38 if I remember correctly for key on power) and one body ground.
My mirror came from an Altima as weel, and it's identical to yours...with compass and homelink (that I use) but with only two wires. Works great!

6041 - 6060 of 6075 Posts