Nissan Versa Forums banner

6041 - 6050 of 6050 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Why would you repaint the wheel?
LOL, when you wrote " I have to repaint mine" I thought you were talking about the wheel and you were talking about the mirrors :D

sorry!!

You know what? I have some static when I turn on the led lights and my radio gets poor coverage when already in a weak area.
I'll try with some ferrite chokes...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Poor quality LED controller if it only happens when they are on, or are not properly grounded.
The 2 main ground points are behind insterment cluster, and behind and above the glovebox. they are just threaded posts.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Poor quality LED controller if it only happens when they are on, or are not properly grounded.
The 2 main ground points are behind insterment cluster, and behind and above the glovebox. they are just threaded posts.
yes, it only happens when they are on and only when reception in already bad.
If I am in an area with good reception I don't notice it.

I think ground is OK, I checked that a few days ago and I didn't see any poor grounding.
Do you think these chokes would help?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I can't say for sure. I have had poorly built electronics completely obliterate radio signals before. Had to junk them and get good stuff to eliminate interference.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It is the same wheel. The only difference is the backlight color on the switches. 07-09 is that kind of pee yellow and 10-12 is orange.
The switches are also replaceable. Pull the plastic shroud off the back of the wheel and there are screws to pull the switches.
I swapped the wheel yesterday, behind my old one I found this....the dealer put it there during the recall I guess.
I kept it.

Keith, when you have a second can you check your private conversations? I need to ask for your advice on a more technical issue :)

thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have seen that on every Versa wheel I have pulled airbags off of.

Reactions: Ecate
6041 - 6050 of 6050 Posts