Nissan Versa Forums banner
6081 - 6100 of 6132 Posts

·
Banned
2015 Nissan Versa S sedan
58 Posts
Did you have to thread the rod to get that shift knob on?
No, I used a universal model that installs with set screws. I thought about using a Nismo boot adapter for an E12, but figured it wouldn't be worth the $150 plus a new knob when I'll be completely removing the shift linkage with the HR16DE later on (once the SR is ready).

Sent from my Samsung S10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
452 Posts
I washed it yesterday, waxed it today and hopefully in the next day or two I can get it vacuumed out and wipe down the interior panels. This wasn't one of the 30 minute spray bottle wax jobs but a good one in preparation for winter weather. I don't mind doing the spray bottle wax sometimes but, I like to get a good coat of Mother's wax on it once or twice a year usually in the spring and fall.

·
Registered
379 Posts
found ONE heated mirror (the passenger side), I'll mount it as soon as I get it....hopefully I'll find the driver side too soon.

·
Registered
379 Posts
CONFIRMED!!!!!
Most Gen 1 Versas ARE pre-wired for heated mirrors.

To make sure your car is pre-wired, pull door panel and vapor barrier. Look for BROWN connector.
This pic is from a boneyard 2009 that is identical down to color to mine.....prior to my upgrades. View attachment 17622

View attachment 17621
successfully installed the first heated mirror today!!! (passenger's side)

It was the glass only, not the whole mirror assembly, so I had to run two wires from the pigtails to pin 1 and 5 to the brown connector.

Tested working! Now I'm in the hunt for the driver's side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my 2014 versa sedan back from the dealership for warranty work. Went in for a drive belt, and to inspect my struts as they were bad. Tech confirmed struts are bad and replaced belt. Inspection of vehicle found that the rear main seal was bad. This may explain why my oil levels were low?. Got 2 new front struts and rear main seal replaced under warranty purchased from carmax. Price with no warranty for struts and seal would have been 2,200$. I only paid 50$ deductable. New serpentine belt cost me 180$.

Have had over 4000$ of warranty work done to my versa. To list them off..
  1. Valve body for CVT - had very sluggish initial acceleration
  2. 2 control arms
  3. Driver&Passenger side axle and CV boot
  4. 2 Struts
  5. Rear main seal
My car smells like gas when its idling or driving. Can only smell on the exterior of the vehicle. Purchased car from carmax @ 23k miles. Currently @ 76k miles.

·
Registered
379 Posts
successfully installed the first heated mirror today!!! (passenger's side)

It was the glass only, not the whole mirror assembly, so I had to run two wires from the pigtails to pin 1 and 5 to the brown connector.

Tested working! Now I'm in the hunt for the driver's side.
I found the driver's heated mirror from a seller in Canada, shipped it here and installed today upon arrival. This was the whole assembly so I had to remove the door panel and swap the old mirror with the new one. Of course this was plug and play and it's working great!

Now I do have both heated mirrors. It was very easy to accomplish....just plug in the 10V fuse and the relay to start with. Then swap the mirrors, 30 minutes job at most.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Versa S 5MT
30 Posts
First oil change in my 20' S. I used 0w20 Mobil 1 fully synthetic w/Mobil 1 oil filter. Resulted in quieter idle and a more refined deeper sound when accelerating throughout the power band. With the stock oil that came from the factory the engine sounded like it was straining to make it through the power band.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Things I have done so far on my 2012 S Hatchback since 2016

0) added OEM tonneau cover (didn't come with one...stupid...)
1) added OEM all weather mats
2) replaced front and rear kickplates with the OEM aluminum ones
3) added OEM accent lights under the footwells (front and rear)
4) added OEM armrest console (from an SL)
5) added OEM leather steering wheel (SL)
6) replaced all speakers with the OEM SL ones
7) added OEM tweeters (SL) plus both A pillars
8 added OEM subwoofer plus the rear left plastic panel (SL)
9) replaced the radio with the OEM SL 6 CD changer plus run a wire for the VSS
10) added OEM iPod module behind the glovebox (plus dedicated harness to make it work)
11) added OEM steering wheel radio/cc buttons (plus wired it for radio control, CC already in place)
12) added OEM overhead console with lights and eyeglasses holder
13) replaced OEM sunvisors with SL lighted ones
14) replaced door mirrors with OEM heated ones (from Canada), also had to add heated mirrors relay and fuse
15) added OEM front and rear mudguards
16) added OEM rearview mirror with autodimming, homelink and compass (from an Altima)
17) added OEM engine cover
18) added OEM trunk organizer and hook/hanging trunk clips (from an Altima)
19) added OEM keyfob with hatch opener and enabled factory alarm system
20) added OEM battery cover/blanket (from an Altima)
21) added OEM fog lights and swapped the turn signal switch.
22) replaced all interior lights with LED ones and some exterior lights (headlights, foglights, position lights and plate lights
23) added the "S" letter on the back (OEM)
24) added the emergency, family and first aid OEM kits.
25) replaced the antenna
26) added OEM light in the glovebox, wired like factory style.
27) added OEM CRUISE CONTROL (stock wiring already in place)
28) replaced the wheels with the OEM SL aluminum alloy
29) added OEM stem valve caps.
30) added Nissan Impact Sensor 999M2-VW007
31) Installed OEM gps mount, tapped into radio battery wire for power.
32) added OEM satellite module and antenna, for Sirius XM.

As for maintenance:

1) engine belt replaced (gates)
2) brake fluid and pads replaced (OEM)
3) engine coolant replaced plus new radiator cap (OEM)
4) replaced both lower control arms
5) new tires
6) new OEM clockspring
7) annual AC cabin filter
8) engine air filter when necessary
8) regular oil change and oil filter (at dealer)
9) replaced all bolts and nuts in the engine compartment (they were all rusted out) with OEM ones found at junkyard
10) misc. underbody work.
11) replaced front driver side weatherstrip
12) replaced AT fluid (OEM)
13) replaced TPMS sensors (OEM)
14) replaced spark plugs and intake gasket

Things to do:

1) I'll replace the pedals pads with 350z ones.

·
Registered
619 Posts
My turn. My mods 2009 Versa "S" (so far.......)

Exterior:
Fog lights (from 12 Cube)
SL 15" wheels
Grille (from 2011 V)
AM/FM/XM Antenna (from 2016 V Note)

Interior:
SL seats
SL console
SL door panels
Leather steering wheel (from 2009 Altima)
Turn signal/wiper stalks (from Pathfinder/FX)
Auto dimming rearview mirror w/compass, homelink (from 2008 Altima)
AM/FM/XM/Nav radio (from 2012 Cube)
Tweeters, Bose (from 2014 Sentra, mounted on SL brackets/ wires)
SL Blaupunkt speakers
Dash cluster (from 2010)
Steering wheel controls added
USB/Aux jack
Converted all dash lighting from Pee Yellow to Orange
Nav antenna (from 2013 Sentra)

Things To Do/ Wishlist:
Heated mirrors
SL sunvisors w/ lighted mirrors
Back up camera
Subwoofer
Express window RF (maybe all 4?)
16" wheels (Versa or Sentra)
TIIDA badges
Tinted windows
Cluster with a TEMP guage
Bluetooth module
2nd(3rd?) Power outlet
Heated seats

·
Banned
2015 Nissan Versa S sedan
58 Posts
Started on stripping the remaining interior carpet, removed the dashboard, gauges and instrument panel, and started on removing the crossbar for paint (cheap metal rusts). Have been pretty busy on prepping the car for next year and have a lot of parts coming for 2021.

I may end up making a build thread on here for my little project later on, though still undecided.

Sent from my Samsung S10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nttra

·
Registered
10 Posts
I finally converted the HPS short ram intake into a cold air intake!

I've been thinking about doing this since I first started looking into the HPS intake. I was interested in this intake mainly because it follows the path the stock intake follows, and I knew that eventually I could convert it into a cold air intake with some extra piping.

This set up feels very sturdy. There is little to no wiggle room and it has hood clearance.

The sound is amazing! I was skeptical at first because I knew that cold air intakes aren't generally as loud as short rams due to placement, but I can tell you that this was not the case! Surprisingly enough, I think it's better. The induction sound when rev'ing is just as amazing as it was with the short ram. But what makes it better, is that while adding throttle, the intake actually sounds better driving down the road! It has a louder and throatier sound to it that wasn't as noticeable with the short ram. Overall I am extremely surprised and pleased with the sound.

As for performance, the temperature has dropped significantly as well. I haven't been able to test it very much since I just put it in, but I've been able to see at least a change of 20º F cooler. Is it faster? I think so, the car feels like it performs better with this new intake, but who knows, maybe its a placebo effect. Regardless, it feels amazing.

Attachments

6081 - 6100 of 6132 Posts