Nissan Versa Forums banner

6101 - 6105 of 6105 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Versa S sedan
61 Posts
I finally converted the HPS short ram intake into a cold air intake!
View attachment 18073
I've been thinking about doing this since I first started looking into the HPS intake. I was interested in this intake mainly because it follows the path the stock intake follows, and I knew that eventually I could convert it into a cold air intake with some extra piping.

This set up feels very sturdy. There is little to no wiggle room and it has hood clearance.

The sound is amazing! I was skeptical at first because I knew that cold air intakes aren't generally as loud as short rams due to placement, but I can tell you that this was not the case! Surprisingly enough, I think it's better. The induction sound when rev'ing is just as amazing as it was with the short ram. But what makes it better, is that while adding throttle, the intake actually sounds better driving down the road! It has a louder and throatier sound to it that wasn't as noticeable with the short ram. Overall I am extremely surprised and pleased with the sound.

As for performance, the temperature has dropped significantly as well. I haven't been able to test it very much since I just put it in, but I've been able to see at least a change of 20º F cooler. Is it faster? I think so, the car feels like it performs better with this new intake, but who knows, maybe its a placebo effect. Regardless, it feels amazing. View attachment 18074 View attachment 18075
Great work! To all the people complaining that the 2nd gen doesn't have a CAI available, get creative!

Do you mind if I share this to the Versa Technical Forum Facebook group?

Sent from my Samsung S10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Versa S sedan
61 Posts
I installed a cold air intake on my 2020 versa s 5 speed.
"Cold air intake"

The bank wouldn't like you doing that to their car...aren't you trying to sell your Versa while you upgrade it? Wtf

Sent from my Samsung S10 using Tapatalk

6101 - 6105 of 6105 Posts