Nissan Versa Forums banner
6121 - 6133 of 6133 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
added OEM satellite module and antenna.

I found the module and the antenna from a 2008 Versa SL, harvested the parts and the wiring, then I made my own connections from the radio to the module in the trunk and replaced the antenna base with the new one.

Works very well.
That is why I went with the AM/FM/XM/Nav radio from a Cube. All in one package, and no major wiring needed!

Reactions: Ecate

·
Registered
382 Posts
That is why I went with the AM/FM/XM/Nav radio from a Cube. All in one package, and no major wiring needed!
Yes, that’s even better!
I never ever found that nav system, but maybe in the future…who knows!
The wiring was not too bad actually, it just takes time to feed it through :)
Replacing the antenna was the easiest part, I was happy to find out that the main feeder wire was the same I already had!
If you are using XM/Sirius, how many channels are you getting?

·
Registered
620 Posts
For XM, I have the mid tier package on both of my cars. Don't need the sports channels, or Stern, so couldn't really justify the top tier package.
Bonus is that with the mid tier, I can also use the XM app. So I use that while at work.

As for the Nav radio,,,, Car-part! Sentra or Cube would work best! The hardest part to find would be the radio bezel. Need one from a car that had an Ipod or Nav.
I found mine on car-part as well

·
Registered
382 Posts
For XM, I have the mid tier package on both of my cars. Don't need the sports channels, or Stern, so couldn't really justify the top tier package.
Bonus is that with the mid tier, I can also use the XM app. So I use that while at work.

As for the Nav radio,,,, Car-part! Sentra or Cube would work best! The hardest part to find would be the radio bezel. Need one from a car that had an Ipod or Nav.
I found mine on car-part as well
sorry, what I meant was how many channels does your XM get. I was told up to 235 because of bandwidth limitations. To get everything you need a SiriusXM radio.
Wondering if it was the same for you.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I haven't really noticed. Then again I am mainly listening to channels 24-74.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I noticed that you have a longer antenna mast on your versa, did it improve coverage? I have the short stock one.
It does help in fringe areas. Also great for spotting the car in a parking lot.
BTW, it came off of a Mazda, or VW Bug. Don't remember as I was looking at a few masts at the time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
LEDs looking sharp!
Yesterday oil change 199010km

Interior shot:biggrinjester:
SO i know this is completely unrelated. I am sorry for budding in but i am literally brand new to this site and i am haviing a hell of a time trying to get a straight definitive answer on what do to next to fix this issue

So I have a 2009 Nissan Versa and i atempted to install a new battery which is a simple job but apprently this battery was the oppsite as far as what side the positive an dnegative were on and now i have npoe pwoer and no nothin worling or even comingo on, on my dash, radio too,
If anyone can please school me and tell whay i should do please. I would appreciate it more than you will know.gi and please forgive me for jumping on this convo like that

i mean the car only has 131000 miles and it doesnt even have a scratch and its now just sitting and collectibg dust.

·
Registered
382 Posts
If anyone can please school me and tell whay i should do please. I would appreciate it more than you will know.gi and please forgive me for jumping on this convo like that
the positive side has a bunch of fuses attached to it. I would start looking at those....if they are shot you need to replace them.

·
Registered
382 Posts
changed spark plugs and intake gasket today.
also cleaned the throttle body valve etc

·
Registered
382 Posts
replaced coolant with brand new blue OEM.
I filled it a little bit over time but overall it was the original one I I had when I bought the car with 60k miles, I guess it was never changed.

it was about time..... next month I'll do brake pads and fluid to have them all replaced over a 5 month window overall (I started with AT in May, will end with brake fluid in October).

6121 - 6133 of 6133 Posts