6141 - 6160 of 6163 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
I would go with a leather SL wheel
Car Speedometer Odometer Motor vehicle Steering part

If you are feeling adventuresome, you could go with an Altima leather wheel
Car Speedometer Vehicle White Trip computer

Also, the SL door panels do have more insulation than the stndard ones.

Reactions: Dagren and Ecate

·
Registered
774 Posts
I DROVE IT!!!
Well, I took it on a road trip, as the car was only being driven maybe 10 miles a day. Have been using the SUV for road trips, and gave it a break.

Found when running around 80mph, with engine speeds around 3300rpm, the car was averaging 27 mpg. This is primarily interstates.
When I ran some 2 lane roads with a 65 mph max, and under 3000 rpm, the mileage jumped to around 32 mpg.
Regardless of milage, the car ran flawlessly, and was a fun drive.

• Love
Reactions: Dagren and Ecate

·
Registered
515 Posts
I DROVE IT!!!
Well, I took it on a road trip, as the car was only being driven maybe 10 miles a day. Have been using the SUV for road trips, and gave it a break.

Found when running around 80mph, with engine speeds around 3300rpm, the car was averaging 27 mpg. This is primarily interstates.
When I ran some 2 lane roads with a 65 mph max, and under 3000 rpm, the mileage jumped to around 32 mpg.
Regardless of milage, the car ran flawlessly, and was a fun drive.
I drove it Florida from OH and back, it was great! More or less same mpg, cruising around 70.

I also took it to NJ, perfect drive.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My trunk lock malfunctioned with a trunk load of groceries. I had to remove the back seat and reach through with a broom stick to pull the emergency release handle. But that was not the worst. I called my local dealer for a new trunk lock cylinder and found out a new one would be $187.00. Online it was about $120 with $25 shipping. I would be surprised if it cost Nissan $5.00. I opened the trunk about 2 times a weeks over last 7 years. May try to run some kind of cable to remotely activate emergency release. It could have been worse. I could have had a flat somewhere with all my tools locked in the trunk.

·
Registered
515 Posts
My trunk lock malfunctioned with a trunk load of groceries. I had to remove the back seat and reach through with a broom stick to pull the emergency release handle. But that was not the worst. I called my local dealer for a new trunk lock cylinder and found out a new one would be $187.00. Online it was about $120 with $25 shipping. I would be surprised if it cost Nissan $5.00. I opened the trunk about 2 times a weeks over last 7 years. May try to run some kind of cable to remotely activate emergency release. It could have been worse. I could have had a flat somewhere with all my tools locked in the trunk.
why don't you try to look for a spare lock cylnder at some junkyards?

·
Registered
690 Posts
I was thinking I may do that tomorrow. They often leave the keys in the ignition or trunk at the yard I go to and provide a list of other nissans with the same cylinder. That does sound a lot better than $187. Thanks, will try that.
If you are a bit handy, you may try to remove your own lock and see what is wrong. Most likely a spring for one of the pins is broken. Just remove that spring and the associated pin, clean/lube it and re-assemble. Your old key will work. Just a little bit less secure because one pin less. That what I did , though not for a car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you are a bit handy, you may try to remove your own lock and see what is wrong. Most likely a spring for one of the pins is broken. Just remove that spring and the associated pin, clean/lube it and re-assemble. Your old key will work. Just a little bit less secure because one pin less. That what I did , though not for a car.
Youtube videos show that it is not to difficult to remove the cylinder, so I may give that a try. I can see a small wire spring dislodged in the key hole so that is probably the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Made some slow progress on project @versa_gtir over the last couple weeks. New Fortune Auto 500 gen7's installed and dialed-in, Bloxsport 20mm hubcentric spacers fitted (17x9 Königs weren't clearing the new suspension), VMS oil catch can tubing re-routed to the passenger side PCV (higher flow), added a K&N PCV filter to the drivers side PCV and blocked off the intake return line on my HPS SRAI intake.

I miss driving the car.
There is still some work to be done before she's road ready again....CF mirrors from Thailand are awaiting installation, need to replace the broken base clips behind my taillights (have the new parts but haven't got around to it yet), finish wiring up my new Mishimoto cooling fan, reinstall the front bumper under cover, interior has a ways to go yet...but getting there.

These LCA's won't last long at their current angle (1st photo) after dropping roughly ~4" from stock ride height. I'm looking into fabricating adjustable heim joint control arms in the near future, may consider selling a few copies if there's any demand for them but it's doubtful. For now, everything is just being test-fitted.

Glad to see this thread is still alive!

+1 for Keith's suggestion regarding the Altima steering wheel. Super easy to do and looks much nicer, though the overwrap also looks great. There are a few threads floating around here that can provide more information if you want to take this route.

-Doug

Sent from my Samsung S10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I removed the trunk lock cylinder today and called around to quite a few junk yards and it appears that this is a hot item as nobody had one. I finally took it apart and a tumbler and a spring fell out. I put it back together without those parts, oiled it, and it appears to work just fine albeit a little rough. I found a shop that works on them if I need to take it out again, but keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the help SlickVersa and Ecate.

Asphalt Material property Font Road surface Jewellery

·
Registered
774 Posts
I removed the trunk lock cylinder today and called around to quite a few junk yards and it appears that this is a hot item as nobody had one. I finally took it apart and a tumbler and a spring fell out. I put it back together without those parts, oiled it, and it appears to work just fine albeit a little rough. I found a shop that works on them if I need to take it out again, but keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the help SlickVersa and Ecate.
Worst case would be see if a locksmith can do something with it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If it gets bothersome, I will take it out and take it to them. Its easy to get out. They would probably know how that spring goes back in. The spring is still intact, but unusual looking. The youtube video I watched showed cylindrical shaped springs. Good news is, it is working for now. I am going to attach a bicycle cable to the emergency release and run it under the seat just in case.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I chopped the stock muffler off and with some help from the guy at advance auto I now have 2 in exhaust from my rear axel back to a turn down just before the rear bumper. Also my drilled and sloted rotors and ceramic pads got delivered today so I have my weekend project now!

6141 - 6160 of 6163 Posts