Nissan Versa Forums banner

101 - 120 of 5968 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Taking her in for the 2nd oil change @ 7800 miles. Also, the tech will look for the rattle again in the engine, hopefully it will show itself in front of him.

On the other hand, if anyone is ever caught with their Versa down in Central Ohio, these guys are awesome.

http://www.buckeyenissan.com/

·
Registered
867 Posts
Well, had the new springs fitted today, looking forward to testing her out :p

According to my mate, they are an absolute PITA and he hopes to never see one again.

Lucky I just paid the bills and didn't get my hands dirty....I have a short temper when wielding a spanner so who knows :p

·
Registered
446 Posts
Put it up on a parking block today... I was super tired coming home from work and pulled forward a little too much and SCCRRRAAAPPPE. This is the 2nd time I have hurt my baby. :(

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I used the Versa tire iron to put the wheels back on my infiniti :)

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
srubbed my rims clean as new. took about 2 hours. white rims vs brake dust = catastrophic. has anyone been able to locate or try installing brake dust shields? i would love to but cant find any...
I ended up having to paint my wheels on my other car because the brake dust was too hard to clean off. I stripped and painted the wheels.

Dood...I bet thats a HUGE PITA! Not sure of any brake dust shields...sorry bro
best bet is searching for 00-06 sentra ones. They share the same lug pattern. Can't be positive they will fit over the calipers though.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Maybe you could spray some Rain-X and Pam on your white rims. It will make the brake dust slide off the wheels easily like greasing up a stripper's pole, they can't stay on!Rolling on the Floor

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Got my stock "winter" wheels mounted back on with new TPMS installed. Discount Tire had to do a factory reset so the computer can read them. Now when I change to my summer wheels next spring, I can just do it myself without the hassle of bringing it in. :smile5:

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Got my stock "winter" wheels mounted back on with new TPMS installed. Discount Tire had to do a factory reset so the computer can read them. Now when I change to my summer wheels next spring, I can just do it myself without the hassle of bringing it in. :smile5:
:)
Hoping to switch over my tires this weekend (Thanksgiving weekend for us Canadians here, so we have the Monday off !!! :) )

On a side note, I put on a festive Mickey pilgrim/pumpkin antenna topper, and I received my HK decals in the mail today (not yet installed though) !!

Antenna topper :)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I wish our antenna was skinnier. Most antenna toppers are made for the super skinny antenna's. I have a bag full of antenna toppers from my old car but they don't fit. I had to cut the hole in the topper to make it fit. Hopefully it stays on. So far I drove it today to and from work on the highway, and its still snug on there :)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I kind of wish the antenna was built in the roof so it doesn't protrude similar to the Altima and the Civic.
Do you mean have no antenna at all?
My parents 97 minivan has no outside antenna (no antenna anywhere on the body of the car). Apparently it is run inside the windshield (around the edges), so it is sort of like an invisible antenna :S

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #118 (Edited)
I hit the largest racoon I've ever seen. It totally smashed my bumper. I just sold a car from 99 with 217k miles and the body was in mint condition. I really take care of my stuff. But this V is like accident prone. I hit the stupid pylon at the gas station denting two doors. I know my fault but there was no reason for a pylon to be where it was and it was not tall enough if you ask me. No way to see it. And now this huge racoon commits suicide on my front bumper and breaks it. My V looks like a POS and it's not even a year old. I'm starting to get pissed off.

Also my TPMS light was illuminated this morning so I guess I'm checking and adjusting tire pressure today too.

101 - 120 of 5968 Posts