Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All i see, is stuff about the fr-s and the brz. From stuff i've read, it seems that toyota's only real input to the project was the body styling and that subaru did the rest. I think having it under scion in the us will be cool cause of how they let you customise things. The subaru one is a little odd to me because it has their typical boxer engine but without a turbo, so it kinda seems like it is a regular impreza that someone slapped sti logos on.

silver one is scion f-rs, blue one is subaru brz

Attachments

·
Registered
993 Posts
Been waiting for years now, it sucks to thinks its gonna be another year, this car and the golf r and some others are the only reason I havnt gottin another car. Just waitin for them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would love to drive the sti version of the brz, which i just realized is pictured as a small scale model above

·
Banned
342 Posts
The BRZ is no Impreza. Its RWD first off. And there is no turbo announced, although it is believed that when the STi comes out in 2014 it will be a turbo car. I love the look and the performance. Lower center of gravity than ferrari's? sounds good to me

·
Registered
993 Posts
The BRZ is no Impreza. Its RWD first off. And there is no turbo announced, although it is believed that when the STi comes out in 2014 it will be a turbo car. I love the look and the performance. Lower center of gravity than ferrari's? sounds good to me
Your not tellin me anything I dnt know, except for the 2014.... The car is advertized as a 2013 even on its website.

·
Registered
993 Posts
they are gonna have a problem selling the non sti ppl are gonna wait, some will be impatiant, and they will regret it.

·
Registered
993 Posts
im on the same page, If im gonna pay around 30k I want awd, il get a 240sx if I really want a rwd

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are they still going to make impreza sti's. i thought i saw that they wanted to make the wrx its own car and keep the impreza as just a regular sedan.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Thats the plan, when its gonna happen im not sure, have to do some googling, but I think the 2012 will be the last impreza wrx, sti

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats the plan, when its gonna happen im not sure, have to do some googling, but I think the 2012 will be the last impreza wrx, sti
i looked it up after i wrote that. its going to be a sports coupe, about the size of current world rally championship cars. built with the purpose of winning races.

·
Registered
993 Posts
The wrx and sti will become their own, (no more impreza badge) the body style is changing again, and theres rumor of a 3 door hatch.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this is what is getting floated around, but im not sure it will look like that. It looks a lot like the current v-tech civic

·
Registered
993 Posts
You have to remember this is just a concept the finished product will almost always look different

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
lol I was calling it the Subie-yota.
For my tastes, less is more. No turbo, no AWD, no fancy gear changers. To me it's blending the best of MX5 and 3 series NA coupe, so it's a big YES from me.
Would I actually crank open my wallet and get one? I could afford it but that's the tougher question

·
Registered
257 Posts
Think the Scion version will be 20k so what may happen is all the TC dudes are going to jump to the FRS and we will have a market flooded with idiots.. Then there will be the people who are hipsters and want to be different and can shell out the extra 10k and end up buying the BRZ non sti. I think Scion made the TC uglier in the 2012 model year specifically so they could sell more FRS's

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I wouldn't buy any of them. Not that they aren't nice looking cars, I'm just a sedan kind of guy. If I have the money, my next car will be a Lancer Ralliart.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts