Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd say blue. The price is good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'd go for them only because you'll probably get bored of the blue lip, it's trendy for now but a black with machined lip will still be available in many years. And the offset is lower than the others you'll said that doesn't make a big difference but +35 is the offset i have on the car and see how it looks! You add a coilsprings kit to lower it a little and your car will look totally different.

But that.s my point of view, whatever you put between those model the car will look good for sure! But i'd go with the motegi one.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Love the choices you have picked. First set of rims got my vote though. Really cheap too, so go for it.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Oh nvm the blue, those white lined rims are perfect for your V.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'd go for them only because you'll probably get bored of the blue lip, it's trendy for now but a black with machined lip will still be available in many years. And the offset is lower than the others you'll said that doesn't make a big difference but +35 is the offset i have on the car and see how it looks! You add a coilsprings kit to lower it a little and your car will look totally different.
x2 on everything there. Coloured lips are a passing fad. Although if you think you will still like it in ___ amount of time, then go for it.

As for new springs... don't half ass it and put the 17's on without dropping it a bit. Its not expensive and it will look disproportionate if you leave it at stock ride height. The Tanabe springs make it ride at or slightly lower than stock ride height. I haven't scrapped anywhere with mine that I didn't when it was all stock.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You should check out CARiD.com - Car Accessories & Parts
I've found they have a huge selection and pretty decent prices.
I wouldn't go with an all black wheel on a white car though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was looking into doing both. I dig the motegi's 100% and I am definitely going to save for them. My next purchase I think is the Nissan OEM spoiler. Then I was going to go for rims and lowering springs.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lowering springs are probably my most gratifying mod i've done. It gives the car such a better appearance and profile, and they are not gonna break the bank. How is the Tanabe exhaust? I noticed that it is very pricey compared to others, did you notice a difference in power?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The car definitely picks up nicer in my opinion. It creates a better flow for sure than the dinky stock exhaust I hated so much. It sounds amazing. I prefer it's sound over the other one's out there. I'll record a video this week so you can hear it and see it in action. I just wish I had the sports package so my car would look better with it but in time. I was going to go with Tanabe lowering springs but my question is... Does this car have suspension issues as I'm sure I'll lose my warranty on it from changing out the springs no?

Do you guys recommend going to shop to get springs done? What's average price of install? Should I do that before buying the wheels and tires? How low should I lower the car to avoid rubbing?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Will they void Warranty? I'm pretty sure. haha.
But who cares...they make the springs to work with stock shocks, so i doubt you'll have a problem with them in the future.
It doesn't have suspension issues besides the fact that it's super high off the ground and you really can't take sharp turns with it.
Plus it just looks a lot better lowered!
-If you lower it first you should be okay with 17's and no bigger, otherwise it will start rubbing for sure.
-Thanks for the Exhaust info, I look forward to seeing the video.
I'm so in love with the way the Infiniti g35's exhaust sounds, that i'm thinking to just buy a used stock G35 muffler and have it custom welded to the Versa, hopefully it sounds semi close.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The car definitely picks up nicer in my opinion. It creates a better flow for sure than the dinky stock exhaust I hated so much. It sounds amazing. I prefer it's sound over the other one's out there. I'll record a video this week so you can hear it and see it in action. I just wish I had the sports package so my car would look better with it but in time. I was going to go with Tanabe lowering springs but my question is... Does this car have suspension issues as I'm sure I'll lose my warranty on it from changing out the springs no?

Do you guys recommend going to shop to get springs done? What's average price of install? Should I do that before buying the wheels and tires? How low should I lower the car to avoid rubbing?
all you need to do is put the lowering springs but if you go to the dealer with an shock issue ill remove them and put back the oem ones.... that's the only way i think but you need to go somewhere else to do your services on the car because if they notice the lowering springs they'll take some notes maybe?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Will they void Warranty? I'm pretty sure. haha.
But who cares...they make the springs to work with stock shocks, so i doubt you'll have a problem with them in the future.
It doesn't have suspension issues besides the fact that it's super high off the ground and you really can't take sharp turns with it.
Plus it just looks a lot better lowered!
-If you lower it first you should be okay with 17's and no bigger, otherwise it will start rubbing for sure.
-Thanks for the Exhaust info, I look forward to seeing the video.
I'm so in love with the way the Infiniti g35's exhaust sounds, that i'm thinking to just buy a used stock G35 muffler and have it custom welded to the Versa, hopefully it sounds semi close.
for the muffler i'm pretty sure you cant do it because the exhaust will be too big, you need to keep in mind that the g35 is a v6 3.5 and your Versa a little 4 with 1.8 liters... the sound that the car get is from that encredible engine i think. For exhaust i went for the DC sport one, it sounds loud but not too much. good looking too ! but with the 4" tip it gets pretty close from the ground. I'm 2" lowered and i'm hurting the ground sometimes with the tip when i quit the driveway too fast haha

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I was worried about my Tanabe hitting ground if lowered as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.