Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I know there is all kinds of different waxes out there but I would really like to know how everyone else does it.

• Do you use paste?
  • Do you use spray?
  • Do you use clay?
  • Do you use synthetic?
What brands do you recommend?

And how do you wax you car?
I've heard circles and I have also heard horizontal or verticle lines.

And also do you also use it for the pastics on your car like bumber, head lights, tail lights, fog cover, and etc...

Thank you to everyone ahead of time for their posts.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
I use Meguiar's Detail Wax about twice a year. And it can used on smooth surfaces like the car itself, bumpers, and lights. Not mirrors and door handles though(1.6 owners).

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Carwash: Meguiar's Gold Class
Claybar: Mothers California Gold Claybar
Polish: Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #1
Wax: Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax 2.0
Sealer: Optimum Opti-Seal

Sheepskin mitt to wash and The Absorber towel to dry.

If you're polishing by hand, always in the HORIZONTAL directions, NORTH SOUTH EAST WEST!

Leave the circular jobs for powered polishers/buffers.

Rain-X for windows :)

·
3,417 Posts
Before you buy products, make sure to read the directions on the back before you purchase. Do plenty of research so you know exactly what its indended use is. Some people don't bother and the product is either wasted or not used properly, I've had my experiences.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very true Hschlick84.
I jusy bought yesterday TurtleWax Ice. It is a syenthic wax and works just as good. It is in a spray bottle and it can be used any where on the exterior of the car. Glasses, plastics, rubber molds, actually body of the car, and the headlights and tail lights. The great thing about it is that you can do it in the sun or dusk. Pretty great stuff

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
There are different products rain-x offers. One of them is applied inside which is prevents fogging inside and the other is applied outside so the rain pretty much slides off.

Before you buy products, make sure to read the directions on the back before you purchase. Do plenty of research so you know exactly what its indended use is. Some people don't bother and the product is either wasted or not used properly, I've had my experiences.
Thank you guys!

No need to be rude APLPIX...always a smartass! :thumb2:

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I use all Meguairs's products. I fully clay the car followed by a wax in the spring and summer. When I wash her regularly I use a two bucket method and keep all tire materials separate. I rinse first, wash a section at a time (top to bottom), and make sure that I wash her in the shade. Then I chamois her dry. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
I only use the best, Dri Wash n Guard products,

www.waterlesscarwashproducts.com
Full disclosure, that is my site, and I do sell them.

However many members here have used them, and been very satisfied.

Check the site out, check out our photo section with some how to videos as well.
Dave

·
Registered
189 Posts
You can shake the bottle horizontally for 30min in front of you waist level and make a drooling dog face :thumb2:

But my way is to clean the windows with Invisible Glass cleaner, spray Rain-X on a terry cloth, wipe the window straight up and down, sit for a min, then wipe off with a microfiber.
I've found that using the applicator pad after you get done with your car on a clean window works better than rain x and it lasts longer too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
9 Participants
BluV3R18
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing